Superhero

Superhero

Topic: Superheroes

By: EGStryker

Every one of us might've had instances in our lives wherein we wondered and asked ourselves, "What if I could move in the speed of light? Perhaps, lift a truck with just my bare hands? Or maybe teleport in a place in a matter of seconds? Levitate objects with my mind?" Imagining those cool and awesome stuffs make us enthrilled by the sheer thought of having an extraordinary talents and superhuman powers that we can use to fight crime, or maybe some of you might use it just for the sake of having fun. We sometimes wished we had those special abilities that only fictional superheroes have.

Superheroes are often depicted as a man (or woman) who fight crime and threats while keeping their real identity by hiding behind their masks, costumes and their code names. By most definitions, superheroes dosn't strictly require any superhuman powers and abilities to be considered as superheroes. Some, such as Batman and Ironman, make use of their knowledge and/or advanced weapons to fight crimes without holding "powers" that makes them extraordinary. It is only popular that most superheroes are often "the chosen one", had an accident and was caught by any means of radiation or bitten by a radioactive being, made a guinea pig and experimented something in his body to have their unique capabilities. They all have their own differences and backstories, but what really makes them a superhero is their will to protect mankind.

Most superheroes also have strong motivations, such as a sense of responsibility, belief in justice and personal vendetta against criminals. They also hold onto their strong will, risking their own safety and lives for the sake of saving humanity without expecting any reward. A lot of superheroes have this traits that usually leads them to be admired by many.

"With great power comes great responsibility." - This is a well-known line from one of our favorite and popular superhero, Spider-man. He is known to be that superhero that could stick to walls, swing around midtown manhattan to patrol crimes and shoot webs from his mechanical arm device. In addition, his sense of humor and fun personality, something that most superheros lack, made him even more somewhat special compared to any other superheroes.

Superman, on the other hand, is undoubtedly the most popular superhero ever made. His godlike abilities of having insane strength, durability, speed, flight, even his red and blue costume and logo is very well-known by others. In fact, when someone mention the word superhero; Superman is actually one of the first name that pops out of our head. This fictional character has proven its success and has dominated the world, even resulting to his die-hard fans to seek help from cosmetic surgeons to shape their looks to be as close as possible to what face Clark Kent has. That's how huge the impact of this popular creation made to the lives of many.

We all know that these characters were just a product of the admirable minds of their creators. They were actually made for entertainment purposes only, but keep in mind that each and every one of us can be a hero of our own. Before Captain America became Captain America; it is shown that despite his weak appearance, he had already possess the heart of true hero willing to risk his life for the people that downed him when he was on the verge of giving up. With the littlest thing that we can do, even without those amazing super powers, we can still consider ourselves as heroes.