Kathniel: A Wondrous Journey

Topic: Featured Loveteam: Kathniel

By: Neoni_Fayee

What could be sweeter than two lovebirds sitting on a branch? What could be? 

KathNiel, the most popular teen couple, of course!

Unless you've been living under a rock or without electricity this past year, chances are you've already heard, seen, supported and fallen in love with the teenage loveteam phenomenon known as KathNiel. No need to exaggerate because undeniably, their fan base is one of the fastest growing in the country today. Whether it be sold-out fans days, numerous endorsements, fan-sponsored block screenings and successful TV ratings, patok lahat yan basta connected sa KathNiel. So regardless kung Kapamilya, Kapuso o Kapatid ka, malamang aware ka sa maugong na balita about hot teen stars, Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla.

Kathryn Chandria Manuel Bernardo mainly known as Kathryn Bernardo/Kath was born on March 26,1996 and Daniel John Ford Padilla known as Daniel Padilla/DJ was born in the hot summer of 26th of April year 1995. They are one of the famous teen loveteams nowadays.

KathNiel BernaDilla primarily known as KathNiel was a combined name of the two cutest and rising teen stars of this generation which are Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla.

Kath's first impression to Daniel is 'snob and suplado' but she likes Daniel's sincerity and honesty. While Dj's impression to Kath is 'masungit' but eventually, Dj likes Kath's smile. They started to bond together at their first taping day of their show, ‘Growing Up’. 

Four years since their phenomenal love team was born, Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla shared that their tandem has allowed them to grow together and individually as actors.

At such a short period of time, their love team was able to prove its magic through their successful projects. Among them was their first titular soap ‘Princess & I’ and their first ever movie released last July 2013 titled, ‘Must Be Love’ and also their primetime soap, ‘Got to Believe’ which hit the top ratings.

In survey, though prior to being hailed as one of the most bankable teen loveteams today, Kathryn and Daniel were actually skeptical as to whether or not their experimental love team would gain following.

After few months, film blockbusters followed, the latest of which was ‘Pagpag’ which was an unusual horror story hit more than a million box office marks. 

Now they are re-united in another love story from a teen bestseller which has become the title of the movie.

At the present year, KathNiel portrayed the role of Athena Dizon & Kenji delos Reyes of ‘She's Dating The Gangster’, a successful movie which was directed by Cathy Garcia-Molina.

According to the Summit Media site, ‘She’s Dating the Gangster’, by local author Bianca Bernardino, is a story about two teenagers, Athena Dizon and Kenji de los Reyes, whose pretend relationship eventually turns deeper.

She’s Dating the Gangster first earned a following on social media-based publishing site Wattpad in 2006. The book became a bestseller in local bookstores Powerbooks and National Bookstore after its release by Summit Media in March 2013.

Bianca Bernardino told that the teen stars, whose on-screen tandem KathNiel has gained a following, are a good fit for the roles because of their similarities to her characters.

She described DJ’s TV persona as that of a ‘bad boy,’ but she adds that much like Kenji, there's still a sweetness beneath the tough veneer. Kathryn, she said, whose roles often feature underdogs with a fighting spirit, is a good fit with the character of Athena.

Maybe some are asking why people are so attached with the two lovebirds. Simple ‘cause mostly, specifically teen fangirls can say that they are a unique kind of loveteam. Kathryn and Daniel are compatible for each other and can work together comfortably as well. They have the most promising chemistry that can make people smile without any reason everytime they see them together in screen. Oh well, there's really something magical connection and spark between the two which causes the people to feel this what they called ‘kilig to the bones’, isn’t it?

At sa dinami-dami rin ng mga up-and-coming stars, why do the fans seem to be most starstruck with these two? Of course we already know how talented Kathryn Bernardo is after the success of her past projects, not to mention seeing her potential nung Goin' Bulilit days pa niya. We know she can sing, dance and act. Si Daniel Padilla naman, he's making his own mark in the music industry with a hit album, solo shows and he's also making progress pagdating sa acting.

So why do we find ourselves gravitating towards this particular couple? What makes them special? Have you ever asked yourself why is it so easy to like/love/support these two?

The answer is simple. Everyone loves a good love story. And although KathNiel may or may not end up being one (too early to tell kasi), their story is already a good one. DJ and Kath affect people in a good way. They provoke, inspire and challenge us to believe in romance as well. Their story is one based on real friendship, love and faith. Of course isama na rin natin yung walang kamatayang kilig at kulitan pero underneath it all, this is something we'd like to see a happy ending too, tama ba? DJ and Kath make you feel like they could be your kapatid, your barkada, or even just your classmate. We will always root for them to succeed and (hopefully) to end up with each other because that's what you do for the people you love and care about. And this is the kind of caring from fans that makes KathNiel so strong.

And of course, it doesn't help that they make us feel that this is indeed, for real.