The City That Never Sleeps

Topic: Travel

By: autumn_star

What is New York City? Why does people loves to go to New York City? What makes it so special? What are the reason why people chose to stay there or why people just keeps on coming back?

New York City is by far the most busiest city in the world. There will never be a time that you will be surrounded by silence. Every corner and every street you turn to you will see people bustling down the side walk trying to catch their bus, trying to get to work or tourists trying to take in the beauty that New York City beholds. I, myself, have experienced walking down a busy street of New York City; for a city girl it still was a lot to take in because of the fact that I was surround by a lot of people swarming around. Yes, it was a lot to take in but it was not overwhelming because New York City makes you feel like no one cares who you are and what you are, you will feel like you truly belong in that city.

However, with that stated you can still find serenity in the city of Manhattan, and yes it is stated correctly that it is located in the city itself, the Central Park. Central Park is one of the most famous parks in New York City, in here you will find peace and quiet, it is a great place to stay at if you want get out of the chaotic streets of New York City. A lot of tourists visits the Central Park but the ambiance of serenity doesn't change and that is why some people find it amazing on how it retains its ambiance despite the fact that a lot of people visits it.

There are five boroughs that composes New York City, and they are Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx, and Staten Island. The boroughs can be describe as like a state but each borough still corresponds to New York state itself. And also, each borough has different hot spots or tourist spots.

Manhattan is the most well known borough in New York and there the top hotspots of New York City is located. The Statue of Liberty, who has never heard of the Statue of Liberty right? It is one of the most hottest hotspots in Manhattan. To get to the island you have to ride a ferry; the island is pretty huge, it has its own food court, a souvenir shop and you can also get a tour. You can go up to the crown of The Liberty but you have to make a reservation ahead of time. Next stop would be The Empire State Building, out of all the skyscrapers in New York City, it has the greatest view of the whole entire City. It would be a shame if you visit New York City and not go to The Empire State Building to take in the beauty of the city up top. You can also find the Ground Zero in Manhattan, it is where the Twin Towers used to be before the 9/11; and there the memorial of 9/11 is located nearby. Lastly, Times Square the most crowded and busiest street in New York City. As Times Square comes into view the first thing that you will notice is how crowded it is there, you will see different types of people, from tourists to people who lives there and to the entertainers around the street, and the buildings are filled with billboard screens. The streets of Times Square is filled with never ending shops, with restaurants from fast food chains to fine dining and of course Broadway theatres are also located there.

Brooklyn is famous for its bridge, the Brooklyn Bridge, because of the fact that a lot of movies have been shot there. you shouldn't pass on the opportunity to tour via A Slice of Brooklyn Tour Bus. The tour features famous neighborhoods, movie locations, landmarks, and famous foods. The Green-Wood cemetery is also located there, it is one of the most famous final resting place of famous figures from ballplayers, to musician, politicians, and some soldiers who fought during the Civil War.

Queens is the largest and probably the most diverse borough in New York City, different neighborhoods consists of different race or ethnicity. So, with that said Queens has the most diverse restaurants from American to European to Asian cuisines you can find it there. If you are around Queens and wanted to visit a park then you should go to The Flushing Meadows, it is larger than the Central Park in Manhattan that it hosts New York Mets games and US Open Tennis.

In Bronx, you will get to see one of the biggest metropolitan zoo in the world, and it is called the Bronx Zoo. It is the home of 6000 animals and more than 600 species. Along with that, the New York Botanical Garden is also located at Bronx; it covers 250 acres of land, it is a vast place that the Garden provided a trolley for the visitors to help them go to one place to another a little bit faster. Also, if you are a fan of Edgar Alan Poe then you should visit his cottage, it is a must for his fans and pretty much to everyone else for it is a great historical site.

Staten Island is known as "The Greenest-Borough" for it has over 170 parks. In Staten Island you can do a lot of outdoor activities, like kayaking, fishing, birding and a lot more things, it also has beaches that you can go to. There are also some forts in Staten Island that you can visit, like Fort Wadsworth, it is the oldest and still continually operating military fort. Lastly, if you like going to tours then you should also book a Carreta tour, it is a one of a kind tour in New York City that lets you experience the beauty of all five boroughs of New York City.

New York City has a lot of things to offer, from food to shops to attractions. It is quite indeed The City That Never Sleeps for when you step foot to New York City you will just have that adrenaline rush of wanting to get lost and just explore the city itself and without worrying of not being able to find your way back because their Subways operates 24/7 and it pretty much can get you to travel from one borough to another. New York City is a very special place to some people who have experienced it full blast, for it is probably the only city in the world that will not make you feel like you don't belong but will give you that feeling of acceptance for the fact that New York City is just very diverse and peoples lives are very fast paced that they won't have a time to actually stop to look at you and judge you.