Initiation. Adopting a orphan.

Y/n walked through the halls of Beacon dragging a still sobbing Ruby as she clung to his right leg. "Ruby you're gaining a lot of attention can you let go please?" He asked looking down at the sixteen year old as she shook her head giving a disapproving sound, he sighed and continued to walk down the hall towards RWBYs dorm, knocking on the door Y/n was met with his sister Yang. "Can I come in I got a little cookie monster on my leg." He asked Yang as his eye began to twitch badly.

"Yeah just set her on the bed." Yang smiled as she moved out of the way as he jumped onto the poorly made bunk beds,expanding the tendrils from his back he went to move Ruby but a flash from his past made him stop. "Ruby c-can you let go please." Seeing her brother in what seems to be pain she left go as Y/n hopped down from the bed and took off the cloak before quickly taking his backpack off and reaching inside Y/n pulled out multiple prescription medications. "Y-Yang can you get me a glass of w-water?" Nodding Yang rushed to the kitchen and got a glass of water ready while Y/n took multiple pills and washed them down with the water Yang handed him. "M-Must keep sanity high." He mumbled to himself.

"Y/n are you okay?" Yang asked as she stood with her team.

"Yeah...Yeah I'm fine."

"Are you sure."

"We said we are fine!" Y/n shouted as Carnages voice merged with his

"We said we are fine!" Y/n shouted as Carnages voice merged with his. Shaking his head Y/n ran outside and towards Emerald forest where Ozpin stood. "Ah mr.xiao-long inside the forest is a relic you must collect from a temple once you have it please return to......us?" Ozpin watched as the boy jumped off the cliff into the green forest in mid air the boy morphed into Carnage and swung deep inside as he was surrounded by multiple ursa and deathstalkers. "Carnage stop....you're....too.....agh." the young man grunt as Carnage began to rip every single grimm and made it's way towards the relics,grabbing a black knight the symbiote began to walk towards the cliffs but stopped as a whine was heard behind it. Y/n turned his head around and forced Carnage back as the meds began to kick in allowing him to shun the symbiote making it revert to normal clothing. Kneeling down the boy moved a bush apart to show a whining Ursa cub.

 Kneeling down the boy moved a bush apart to show a whining Ursa cub

"Hey..shshshsh...it's okay." The boy spoke to the little bear as he kneeled down to it. Smiling Y/n gently took his bag off and pulled out a plastic baggy filled with berries. Scared the bear wanted to run but the scent of fresh berries entered its nose cautiously making it's way to the boy the bear watched him pull out a berry as he sat down. The small bear made it's way towards the boy and sat in front of him and watched as he ate a berry,the cub looked as he held a berry in front of him he smiled,sniffing the berry the cub licked it out of his fingers and began to eat it. Walking towards the boy the Ursa cub walked into the boy lap and went after the baggy of food as he held it in the air. "Easy there little guy hehe. The boy sat the bear on his lap and picked out a berry handing it to the cub and watched it as it smash it with his little paws. Standing up Y/n placed the cub on the ground and made his way towards the cliff with the cub following him. Y/n looked behind himself seeing the cub follow him. "Hey I don't have anymore berries. You need to go back to your momma." The bear ran towards the boy and hugged his leg. "I've never seen Grimm act this way before." Picking up the cub Y/n looked at it as the cub began to lick his face gaining a smile from the boy. "How about we find your mother." Walking around the forest the boy made his way towards the corpses of dissolving grimm,just then the bear began to shift in his hands making the boy set it down. Y/n watched it run towards a dissolving Ursa making his eyes grow wide. "It's like me....Carnage took something from us. Our mothers."

Y/n walked up to the bear and saw it was whimpering. Rubbing its head the boy watched as the Grimm looked up at him. "I'm sure Ozpin wouldn't mind if I have a pet." Picking up the cub Y/n placed it on his shoulders. "Just stay right there Koda." The two began to make their way to the cliffs with Y/n scaling the cliff with his weapons that Carnage called Rip and Tear. Reaching the top Y/n handed the headmaster and told him the situation of the cub which suprised Y/n as he allowed the boy to keep it as he said that it would "Bring the boys sanity back little by little", but not only that he would also be staying in team RWBYs dorm.  Y/n made his way with Koda towards the dorm and opened it smiling Y/n set the small Ursa down on the floor and smiled sniffing the air the cub began to adventure and mess with a few things. Y/n watched as the cub made its way towards the boy and laid down next to him as it sprawled out on the ground. "I think I'm gonna need to go shopping with you tomorrow to get you some stuff." He said as he ran his hand through the cubs fur making the little furball play with his hand. "I just wish those medications could also keep me sane for the rest of my life. Whatever Atlas made for me it sure is helping heh I probably shouldn't steal the entire case a couple years back." Y/n smiled and yawned as did the small bear laying down Y/n planked on the floor between the two bunk beds. But feeling something walk on his back the boy saw Koda lay on his back and curled up. "Heh I guess I'm stuck like this for now. Have a nice nap Koda." Smiling the boy fell asleep as did the small bear.