Work never ends.

Ruby stood in front of a grave at a cliff in patch. The rose symbol on the tomb along with the words: Summer Rose were displayed.

"Hey mom. I wanted to talk to you since its been a while. Everything's just busy, oh dads here too he's still working as a teacher at Signal. But he told me he'll be going out on some missions soon, I think he misses adventuring with you. I miss you too." She spoke as she stared at the grave with a small smile. "Haven't gotten kicked out of Beacon yet, so that's cool. I think being on a team with Yang helps. I keep her in line." She joked as she rubbed her arm. "She's actually a great fighter you can tell she learned a lot from dad or Weiss and Blake.

Y/n walked out from the tree line with Koda as the two watched her pay her respects.

"They're my teammates together we make team RWBY and yes before you ask that does cause a lot of confusion." She smiled. "Anyways i made a bunch of new friends and lets just say some odd teachers. Oh!" She remembered as she recalled a memory. "We also stopped some bad guys too. I guess its like they say "like mother, like daughter." I still wonder why Ozpin let me into the school early. But I guess he'll tell me one day. You know how he is, its funny, the more I get to know him the more he's sounding like uncle Qrow." She said as a sudden realization kicked in.

"Oh we got Y/n back. Him and Carnage have been righting their wrongs. I think they both feel bad for what they did, so they're making it up. Get this on the first day of Beacon for him he came to the dorm with a Ursa cub. A grimm of all things, Koda and Zwei have been great friends. I think keeping Koda in line along with Zwie made them friends faster." She smiled. "That reminds me. Y/n and Carnage fought two symbiotes and won, I think he gets his fighting spirit from dad and you or maybe Raven. I'm not sure...but... Y/n's sanity did drop a few times. He has to take these pills for it and it seems to work. Get this earlier this morning he stopped a robbery and people are seeing him-them as a hero. I wish you could see them."

Y/n felt his hair ruffle as his dad stood next to him as Zwei barked gaining Ruby's attention. The two males smiled at each other.

"Oh looks like dads back. I got to go he's dropping me and Y/n off at the tournament match before his next mission. Wish me luck!" She smiled before putting her hood on and walking towards the four but stopped and looked at the grave. "It was good to talk."

The three smiled before making their way back home to meet up with Yang. Y/n though, stayed behind, turning his head to look over his shoulder he stared at the grave before turning back with sadness.

"I'm sorry Summer." He mumbled as Koda looked up at his owner with a paw on his leg before he let out a small whine. Bending down and petting the small cub he smiled before the two of them ran and caught up to their family.

-Scene change-

Above Vale stood Amity area. The stands were packed with human and faunus a like. Down in the arena the leader of RWBY swung her scythe blocking a oncoming bullet before she spun her weapon around and rush forwards. Blake was currently blocking an attack from Reese before flipping away. Using her rapier Weiss summoned a glyph before running towards her opponent. Back flipping Yang dodged a attack from the fighter of the opponent team before striking a super hero pose and shooting her gauntlets twice.

"Oh ho." A voice from the spectators seat sounded as Professor Port was amazed by the girls. "It seems we have another astonishing battle ahead of us. Wouldnt you agree professor." He asked his co worker Oobleck as he corrected him.

"Doctor and yes Peter I think it's safe to say this match might be one of the closes things we seen so far." Oobleck agreed as the two looked at each other.

Outside of the game stood Y/n with Ironwood as the two checked everyone's tickets. Koda stood next to his owner in a security vest as he sniffed the air making sure no one brought any food or drinks in with them unless it was water. Y/n could feel Carnage squirm as the symbiote watched the fight.