chapter 30 A tragic announcement

Desdemona: She runs away in the forest crying. "I can't believe him. He thinks I'm useless."

She continues running intill she hears a voice.

Yumabuki are you ok?

She slowly looks up to see rihan sitting there on a tree relaxing with a bowl of rice and a cup of water.

Rihan: He quickly jumps down from the tree and opens up his arms wide. "Come here."

Desdemona: She rushes up to him and begins to cry again. She hugs him. "Oh Rihan, it was awful. He and I were painting and he said I was useless."

Rihan: He hugs her tightly. "Everything's ok now sweetie. I'm still here for you."

Desdemona: She stops hugging him and her tears stopped. "I should head back."

Rihan: Are you sure?

Desdemona: She turns around. "Yes."

She heads back to the village. Than she looks up to see Azami standing there looking a bit down.

How long do I have to keep this up for you?

Desdemona: She turns to see her brother and Kuba and her sister Kiba standing there with worry.

Kuba: He steps in. "You've been disappearing a lot lately."

Desdemona: She looks away. "It's nothing."

Kuba and Kiba wanted to speak to there sister more but before they could, she gets up and leaves.

Desdemona: "I'll be over there if you need me." She exits.

Desdemona: She looks up at him. "Oh I can tell by the look on his face, Something's up."

Azami: He comes walking in to the center of the village. "ATTENTION!"

All the villagers turn to listen to what he's has to say.

Azami: I'm afraid I have some terrible news. Earlier today I was with kiba and Rozu. We traveled to one of the demon slayer village's and found dead bodies. There was blood. There must have been a battle. The air was filled with the sent of miasma and we met no survivors.

Villagers: They all turn around with fright and worry.

Huh, How can there be?

No that's impossible.

Do you think there still alive?

This can't be.

I hope we find them.

Please no.

Do you think the demons will find our village and attack us too?

Desdemona: "How could they, how could they do that but wait. This can't be naraku's doing?" She begins to turn around looking towards the forest. "I hope he can forgive me for arguing with him." She turns to see Rozu stepping in.

Rozu: She looks at her with worry. "Des we need to talk."

Desdemona: She turns away annoyed. "What is it?"

Rozu: "It's about who your seeing." She leans closer. "Do you know who I'm talking about?"

Desdemona: Naraku?

Rozu: You need to stay away from him. He's bad news.

Desdemona: She turns around with anger. "That's not true. He's a good half demon. He may be different but that doesn't mean he's really evil."

Rozu: She steps in closer. "Des please.  I'm only looking out for you. There's something not right about him. You should just stay away from him. Plus I think it's best you tell the truth because if you don't things will continue to get worse."

Desdemona: She looks at her with anger. She begins to make a fist with both of her hands. "YOU MOST BE MISTAKEN. NARAKU WOULD NEVER HURT ME OR DO ANYTHING HARMFUL TO US! HE LOVES ME FOR ME! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOU SAY ANYTHING LIKE THAT AGAIN!" She exits with anger.

Azami: I'm afraid I don't know any answers to your questions but we must prepare. Warriors will travel in larger groups. Others will make more weapons, healers will collect more herbs, and all children must stay here inside the village.

Kiba: She looks up confused. "I don't get it, demons are strong but the demon slayer village is many. How could they all have died?"

Azami: He looks down at her. "I'm afraid I don't know."

Desdemona: Is this it? Is this the darkness that Rozu and Sakura no hana warned me about? Is there really a traitor among us?