The Conyo Language

Title: The Conyo Language

Topic: Conyo talks

By: autumn_star and madge_meggy

Conyo here, conyo there, conyo everywhere. There seems to be no place in the Philippines where we cannot find conyos and hear their luring Carabao English-a combination of Filipino and English language or simply Taglish. Conyo is a term used to describe people who speaks in an annoying tone using the Carabao English. However, it is a spirit-lifting and a laughable matter hearing people who talk conyo in a funny way.

Usually, people who are like super mayaman are the only ones who makes salita like that, like what I am making gawa right now. It is quite amusing minsan to talk like a conyo, pero like it sometimes is annoying. There are some people who seems cute doing it but there are some who are just plain annoying na you just want to like suntok their face.

Pero nowadays naman eh it's very different na, like you can just make sabi whether a person is just being maarte and just wants to sound conyo, or there are some na it's natural lang for them to sound conyo, and lastly there some who just wants to make fun of them that's why they use that language.

Because of this contagious salita, even the "tambays" and some other vendors make salita the conyo epidemic not knowing that they're speaking it. "Tol, nakita mo ba yung chikababes na dumaan? Damn, hot niya." "Ice tubig! Buy na kayo ice tubig!" or "Cigarette po bossing. May libreng candy."

Can you believe it? Even commoners like us, speaks it na.

We make tanggap or not but the Conyo Language is already a part of our culture, It is a part of our everyday life. We may not notice minsan, but it just comes out naturally. The Conyo language is not that bad basta don't like over use it that it'll make you look like you are such a try hard and very maarte.