Making the Stories Real

Title: Making the Stories Real

Article: TV 5 Wattpad Stories

Written by: athena_writes

Without a doubt nakikilala na ang Wattpad ng maraming pinoy. Maraming storya na sa Wattpad nagsimula ang ngayon ay best seller published book na sa iba’t ibang publishing company. Wattpad started in 2006 and has established an interactive community of readers and writers from around the world. It has a community of 35 million readers, 5 million dito ay galing sa Pilipinas, making the Philippines rank second largest community among its users, USA as number 1. Wattpad has become so popular in the country that a number of budding Filipino writers have grown their own fan-base of readers, while some of their stories have already been bought by major film outfits and have become blockbuster hits, tulad na lang Diary ng Panget, She’s DAting the Gangster and Talk Back and You’re Dead.

Ngayong 2014 nga ay isa pang big step  ang ginawa ng Wattpad, bukod sa mga Wattpad novels turned blockbuster movies, now Wattpad forms a partnership with the Kapatid network TV 5 to bring you, “Wattpad Presents”.TV5 brings to life the characters in the widely read love stories shared by up and coming authors whose novels have gained a huge following of readers and fans on Wattpad.

With TV5’s Wattpad Presents, Wattpad fans need not pay for movie tickets, walang kagastos gastos! As they will be able to watch their favorite love stories for free as they unfold in week-long mini-series that will air daily on the Kapatid Network’s primetime block.

For its initial offering, TV5’s Wattpad Presents shows “My Tag Boyfriend” – the story of Wattpad author Maevelanne na mayroong 15.2 million reads – featuring the first TV pair-up of TV5 princess Jasmine Curtis Smith at Sam Concepcion. Jasmine portrays the role of Sitti Sandoval, isang self-confessed Facebook addict who mistakenly tagged campus heartthrob Kaizer Buenavista (Sam Concepcion) in one of her Facebook posts. What follows is a series of funny but “kilig” encounters that will lead to a romantic twist. “My Tag Boyfriend” aired daily for a week last September 22.

For its second offering, Wattpad Presents brings the story of “Mr Popular Meets Ms Nobody”  where Artista Academy scholar Mark Neumann plays the famous role of Kyle Shin-Woo, isang perfect guy na na-inlove fall head over heels sa isang ordinary girl named Chelsea Torres, to be played by Shaira Mae dela Cruz. Find kung bakit nag karoon si Pinkyjhewelii ng 11.9M followers na hooked sa kilig na hatid ng “Mr Popular Meets Ms Nobody” it aired last September 29.

For its third instalment, Wattpad Presents showcases author Maxinejiji’s touching story of “Poser” which has almost 400k followers and readers who fell in love with the fictional characters of Brix Torres and Jammy Ocampo. Akihiro Blanco and Chanel Morales ang siyang gaganap at magbibigay buhay sa isa sa mga minahal nating karakters na nagturo sa atin kung paano mag mahal beyond any pretentions. “Poser” is the Wattpad Presents feature for the week of October 6.

Fourth installment would be the modern-age Cinderella story of Wattpad entitled “Almost a Cinderella Story”, written by Soju and with over 500,000 reads on Wattpad. Fall in love with the modern yet hilarious twist to the well-loved fairytale as Carl Guerra’s character, Alden, goes in search of his Cinderella, Ekang, portrayed by Eula Caballero. “Almost a Cinderella Story” begun airing last October 13.

And now, for it’s fifth installment and definitely not the last, Wattpad Presents features Dyepni by pajama_addict. Sakay na sa paikot ikot na love trip nila Dyepoy and Nialla, na bibigyang buhay ng real life couple and newly weds na sila Jenica Garcia at Alwyn Uytingco. Ano papara ka ba? No way!

Stay tuned and fall in love every night as Wattpad Presents brings the most touching and compelling TV adaptations of huge Wattpad hits, most of which are now printed books published through LIB Creatives Publishing. Find out kung bakit naging craze ito sa Wattpad community and get to know their bigger-than-life characters, who will be portrayed by TV5’s line-up of fresh and up-and-coming stars.

And because I’m so excited and happy tulad nyo, nagtatanong ba kayo what’s next after this? Well dahil generous naman ako, I made further readings and research para sa mga naka line up at mga susunod pang stories na ma-feature sa Wattpad Presents. TV5 Wattpad Presents will also have the episodes ‘Savage Casanova‘ with Ritz Azul and Edward Mendez (Oct. 27),  ‘Fake Fiance‘ with Sophie Albert and Vin Abrenica (Nov. 3), and ‘Diary ng Hindi Malandi (Slight Lang)‘ with Isabelle de Leon and Edgar Allan Guzman (Nov. 10). Yep! Right, there’s more to come! Lots and lots to come so stay tuned and enjoy the kilig episodes of Wattpad Presents!