1989: Taylor Swift's Pop-tastic Change

• इन्हें समर्पित: Zach_Harris

Title: 1989: Taylor Swift’s Pop–tastic Change.

Topic: Music

written by: @kyungjun

All music lovers knew Taylor Swift as an emotional country–pop singer–songwriter, but last August 18 (August 19 in the philippines) 2014, Swift announced through a Yahoo Livestream which was also seen on ABC News that she’s going to release her “very first documented pop album,” 1989.

She also released that day the carrier single from her upcoming album, 1989, which is, “Shake It Off” with an accompanying music video which features Swift dancing a bit odd with professional dancers at her back. She played a lot of characters ranging from a ballerina, a hip–hop girl, an ‘80s pop star, Lady Gaga and more.

The song is about her and how she deals with how haters threats her, which she just “shake it off.” And this song also shocked almost all the “swifties” because of her change from being a country–pop sweetheart into an almost full blown pop star.

She said that 1989 was inspired by how ‘80s music were free with endless possibilities and how great it sounds. And unlike her past albums, country music will be less played since 1989 is a pop album which made some of her fans shocked.

Later on, confirmed track titles were publicized including “Styles,” “Bad Blood,” “All You Had to Do Was Stay” and much more that will be part of her 13–tracked album to be released in late October.

Two of her songs also catched the attention of the media because of who those songs are made for which includes “Styles,” which probably if not really, for her ex–boyfriend and One Direction frontman Harry Styles. The other one, “Bad Blood,” is said to be about a co–artist who she did not know if a friend or a foe. Some says that it’s for Miley Cyrus, but the majority says that it’s about Katy Perry, who also dated her ex–boyfriend, John Mayer.

Some fans are lucky enough to be invited by Swift to come over at her house and listen to the whole album even before its public release. Too lucky they also got the chance to take a polaroid photo with her, which is the art theme of the album.

But all in all, even after her shocking (for some of her fans) music transition, Swifties around the globe are excited to get the chance to grab her album fresh from the record stores and rock on into her music once more.

WattMag: Spooky November Issueजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें