Phineas and Ferb's Real Story

Phineas and Ferb’s Real Story

By: athena_writes 

“There's 104 days of summer vacation
And school comes along just to end it
So the annual problem for our generation
Is finding a good way to spend it”

Rings a bell? Who wouldn't! It’s the opening song for Phineas and Ferb a hit Disney cartoon for kids and those kids at heart!

It’s about the young stepbrothers Phineas Flynn and Ferb Fletcher who  wants to make the most of their summer vacation, packing in as much action and adventure as they can. Lagi silang may hinahanda na mga big projects, or rather should I say, ‘exaggerated’ projects like backyard surfing, personal theme park rides, and overnight musical fame. They're accompanied by the family's pet platypus, Perry, whose calm nature hides a top-secret identity and a mission to save the world from the evil Dr. Doofenshmirtz. Despite their parents’ unawareness, hindi naman makakatakas ang favorite boys natin sa mg mata ng ate nila na si Candace, na walang ibang ginawa at ginusto kundi ang maisumbong at mahuli sila ng Mom nila. But what if I tell you that this hit cartoon Disney series has a real and true story behind it? Sounds interesting right?

Isang theory ang kumakalat sa internet ngayon saying that there is a real story behind Phineas and Ferb, and that they are actually real. Sabi sa theory na ito na meron talagang actual and real Phineas, Candace and Linda Flynn living in Russia. Candace was born year 1993, with several mental issues, then her younger brother Phineas, also with an early diagnosis of ADHD. Si Phineas daw lumaki na isang nerd, dahil doon lagi siyang na bu-bully. One day a bully punched Phineas on the head real hard na naging dahilan ng kamatayan nya. Iyon ang dahilan kung bakit nagbago si Candace, ang ate nya. Hindi nito matanggap na namatay ang kapatid nya, that’s why gumawa siya ng sarili nyang imaginary world, kung saan buhay pa ang kapatid nya at nakikipaglaro sa step brother nila na si Ferb Fletcher. Ferb Fletcher on the other hand has a developmental disability and can’t talk that much. But on Candace’s world, they were normal, they were alive and having fun, doing great things and adventures. Remember that climatic moment and scene in the cartoon where Candace is about to bust the boys with their mom? The real reason why her mother can’t see the things that Phineas and Ferb built is that, well, they simply aren’t there. And the more Candace tries to convince her mother the more crazy she becomes.

And there’s actually more, the villain of the show Dr. Doofenshmirtz is actually Candace’s psychologist who she’s been seeing twice a week. It started to put a strain on the family to try and pay for all these expensive doctor visits though. In desperation her mother had an idea to write down all the fantastical stories Candace was telling her and try to sell it to Disney as a show in 2007, and it worked.

So that’s The Phineas And Ferb Theory, but is any of it true? The answer? No, it wasn’t, this Phineas and Ferb story theory is just a hoax! Why?

1.      According to the story, this girl was born in 1993 and her mom sold her stories in 2007, back then the show was already on TV, at least in USA. So it's IMPOSIBLE that Disney bought the story, because there is no way they bought the story and in so little time they create something that big.

2.      The real and actual creators of the story are Dan and Swampy, not Disney, and they had created the story way before this girl was even born. When the show was created, they spent 16 years trying to get it on TV, and that wasn't until 2006, so if we go back, they had the show created already in 1990, created, not issued, and that was more than 3 years before this girl (Candace) was born. They got inspired on their own summers from childhood.

It was a pretty good theory and story though, but here’s the real thing on how one of our favorite cartoon was made!

There is indeed a real true story of Phineas And Ferb and it actually does come from a real person who built imaginary worlds, a boy named Dan Povenmire.

Bata pa lang siya ay nakakitaan na siya ng kagalingan sa art, tinagurian siyang artistic prodigy dahil na rin sa hilig at talent nya sa pag guhit ng mga cartoons. Nang makakitaan siya ng kanyang ina ng potensyal sa kanyang mga abilidad, lagi siya nitong sinasabihan “never waste a day of summer”. And he did, isinapuso nya ang advice sa kanya ng kanyang ina, he spent his summer days  inventing elaborate creations for his different stories he is imagining. On the good note, he never lost his mind in his imaginary world like Candace in the theory story though,dahil lahat ng iyon ay galing naman sa mga positive and great experiences niya. Later on he created Phineas and Ferb with a friend Jeff ‘Swampy’ Marsh, they both agreed that the show would focus on the positive. So later on when he Phineas and Ferb make inventions for the pure fun of it or to bring happiness to others, and in this way find great adventures in each day of summer, despite their sister Candace’s attempts to foil their plans.

And as for Candace well she’s based on a real person too, Dan Povenmire’s sister. As a kid she was always trying to get him in big trouble.

Now what story would you like to believe in?