Ruby- "el cabrón"

Description: Ruby likes y/n but his in the "friend zone".

Warnings: none•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••I let out a laugh as Ruby carried on his rant, most people found it annoying how he'd argue things but it was one of the things I loved most about him

Warnings: none
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I let out a laugh as Ruby carried on his rant, most people found it annoying how he'd argue things but it was one of the things I loved most about him. Yes I liked Ruby but I'm 85% sure that he didn't have the same feelings. At the start of our friendship I tried to flirt with him but he never did anything, he'd just get quiet and look away, so I started to think that I just made him uncomfortable when I flirted with him so I stopped. The reason I was only 85% sure was because they'd be times I'd see him looking over at me, also Cesar said something once but I wasn't sure if it was Cesar just being Cesar.
"Guys I'm being serious" Frustration in Ruby's voice as he ran a hand over his face.
"Don't worry I take you serious" I tried not to laugh again.
"You were just laughing" Ruby pointed out.
"I was laughing at Cesar" I pointed over to the boy. "I mean have you heard his laugh?" Cesar got dead serious and flipped me off. This caused me to laugh again. Ruby finally gave in and started laughing as well. Now the whole table was laughing, I truly loved our little friend group.

We carried on laughing till a voice spoke over us.
"Y/n" I turned around still laughing.
"Yeah?" I quickly noticed there stood Emilio, he was in our year, he was also part of the schools football team.
"I was wondering if we could have a quick chat?" He asked looking over to an empty table. I turned back to the group looking for some sense of guidance, everyone seemed to shrug, the only person that didn't was Ruby, his eyes were set on Emilio.
"I'll be back in a minute" I said standing up and walking over to the empty table, Emilio was right behind me. I took at the empty table, Emilio opposite me. "So what this about?" I asked the boy.
"Well I know we don't really know each other that well but I was wondering if you wanted to you know go on a date" I had to stop my jaw from hitting the ground, I had no idea what to say. This was like the third time Emilio had spoken to me and the first time someone had asked me out on a date. I looked from Emilio to my table of friends. Jamal was speaking to Monse while Cesar was speaking to Ruby but he didn't seemed too focus on the conversation but rather with watching me and Emilio. My gaze met his, Ruby scrunched his eyebrows almost trying to work out something. "Y/n?" Emilio snapped me back to him.
"Yeah, Sorry" I smiled a blush forming on my face.
"So about that date?" Again I went quiet, I liked Ruby but if anything was going to happen it would have happened by now right? I took a deep breath in before replying.
"Yeah I'd love that" I forced a smile at the boy.
"That's great. How about after school, I'll meet you by your locker and we'll go get milkshakes"
"Today?" I questions looking at the boy.
"Yeah is that okay?" He asked looking at me.
"I mean yeah but I don't have any money" Emilio scrunched his eyebrows together like Ruby previously had but it was now where near as cute.
"I'm paying, I asked you out" he laughed looking at me. "Plus I like paying for a girl on the first date" he smiled getting up. "I'll see you later by your locker" Emilio walked off. I stayed sat at the table trying to get my thoughts together. I pushed my hair behind my shoulder and made my way back over to my friend group.