One

<<C h a p t e r 1>>

<<C h a p t e r 1>>

People are born to make mistakes, no one is yet perfect. The differences between people are that some of us would put effort in trying to avoid mistakes, some of us would be powerful enough to resist sins whilst some of us are weaker, we surrender to a blink of pleasure.

I never thought we would make mistakes on the same night.

Friday, just a typical night for college students, yet turned out to be one of my most unforgettable nights, in a bad way.

"Where the heck is he." I frowned that my brows nearly touched, mumbling under my breath, I refreshed my messenger once every 5 seconds waiting for a text from him.

I stopped, not because he finally texted, but because my finger was exhausted.

Taehyung and I had a fight last week. We didn't contact for days. Speaking from the bottom of my heart, I was tired of us arguing.

People say, couples fight. It's a must in a relationship. Yet, they never tell us why someone can get over it and someone can't. A couple's bond grew stronger with every fight, why did I feel like we are getting further away?

Taehyung agreed to come with me for today's party. Apparently, he wass ignoring my calls and purposely being distant.

"Lea! Come!" I heard my best friend, Jennie, also who hosted this party yelled. I heaved a sigh and walked over to her.

Woah, she's already drunk.

"Jen, you drink too much." I seized the glass from her hand before it reached her lips. Jennie pouted, her cheeks flushed with blood. "Come on! The exam is finally over, let me e-enjoy myself a bit!" Jennie took another drink and gulped the liquid down before I can even stop her.

"Let her be." Jungkook approached me, as usual, he was looking charming. We had a few courses in common, that's how we get to know each other.

"Where's your boyfriend?" Jungkook queried, only making me sighed again. "We had a fight," I said, even myself can hear the frustration and disappointment in my voice.

"You know, I never thought he was good enough for you," Jungkook spoke and I snapped my head to him. "Not this conversation again, Kook."

I warned in a polite manner. Jungkook repeatedly tells me I deserve better. Yes, he confessed to me and I rejected him. He knew I was with Taehyung but he still confessed, he said he only want to let out his feelings. I know Taehyung would be so pissed if he sees me with Jungkook right now, but he's not here anyway.

"I'm just telling the truth. He doesn't worth your love and your time. It bothers me seeing you hurt because of him." Jungkook clenched his jaw. We looked calm with our eyes focusing on the dancing crowd in front of us, our hearts, however, were hurting.

"You know what? As Jennie said, the exam is over, imma have some fun tonight." I announced and took off my leather jacket. I gulped down the amount in the glass in one goal and dived into the crowd.

I sensed Jungkook smirked behind before following me.

We danced, till our lungs lacked oxygen. We danced, till every muscle in our body was sore.

My body was sweating but I continued dancing. I didn't even know what I was dancing, I was just jumping and shaking my arms and legs according to the beat. Truth to be told, I'm a bad dancer.

Jungkook besides me danced like a pro. He looked hot when he was enjoying himself in the loud music. Swinging his head back to forth, his smooth brown locks were damped from the sweat.

You have a boyfriend, Lea.

Time passed, I got tipsy as I cannot even keep count with how many glasses I've consumed.

"Oh," I chuckled when I almost fell. "Careful." Jungkook held my arms and assisted me to a couch away from the crowd. I crashed onto it, my whole body was intoxicated, my blood veins were invaded by alcohol. Jungkook sat next to me, I felt his presence.

I ran a hand through my long hair, burst into tears all of a sudden, making Jungkook next to me panicked. "Fucking Kim Taehyung," I stated, my nails clutching into my palms. As an emotional drunk myself, i cried, my hormones were playing with my head.

I wanted to cry, I wanted to let out all the feelings buried deep down in my heart. I didn't want to lose him. We dated since freshman year and now we are graduating, my college life is all about him. Every corner in the campus carries the memories of us. I miss it when he will pull me into a kiss when nobody is looking. I miss seeing his face waiting for me outside the theater. I miss the little things we share.

I felt helpless, we were falling apart but I couldn't do anything. I was scared, I was terrified of losing the most important person in my life. I had no idea he held a huge part of my life until I realized I have nothing left without him.

"Lea..." Jungkook pronounced my name softly, his hand caressed my shoulder. Even that made me sad, shouldn't the person comforting me right now be him?

I gulped down the lump in my throat, in an attempt to stop crying. Harshly wiping the tears on my face, I calmed down again. I didn't even care if I just ruined my make up. I did makeup to look beautiful for him, only him. It was like the purpose of everything I was doing was suddenly gone.

"Lea, look at me."

I turned my head to Jungkook. His sudden action shocked me, I didn't have the time to process what was going on.

Jungkook's lips touched mine, I didn't respond to it, nor dodged.

"Let me help you forget him tonight," Jungkook whispered in my ear before landing his lips on mine again.

One wrong move, then I was screwed.

"Just tonight, please." He pleaded.

My drunk mind wouldn't function rationally right now.

And so, I kissed him back.

It's so easy to make mistakes sometimes and it's okay🙂

and it's okay🙂

First chapter!
Thank you for reading, leave a vote will you👁

💜