Fifteen

<< C h a p t e r 15 >>

That day, I chose to follow Jungkook. Taehyung's disappointed and pained reaction when I removed his hand from my wrist was pierced in my mind. My body went with Jungkook, but my heart was with Taehyung.

"I know you are muscular and a good fighter but you should not have to fight them. It was dangerous." I said, carefully putting on some cream on the cuts on Jungkook's face.

"I would still step out next time because I'm a man," Jungkook said and I chuckled, hitting his arm. "No, don't you dare. Hand." I ordered and he raised his hand to me. I bandaged his knuckles and he smiled, showing his bunny teeth.

"Why are you smiling so much?" I questioned Jungkook as I sat down next to him, putting back the cotton and bandages in the first-aid box.

"Nothing." Jungkook snorted, still grinning.

I stared at the floor, my mind drifted to Taehyung again. I felt really bad about leaving him. He literally just saved me from danger and I didn't do anything in return.

Not even a thank you.

The next day, I arrived at work earlier than I was supposed to. I even made a cup of hot chocolate, waiting for Taehyung to set foot in the office any second. He came to work at eight every day, it was now seven fifty-eight. Two more minutes...

I jumped up from my seat when I heard his footsteps. There he was, walking in with a cup of takeaway coffee in his hand.

He didn't glance at me when I greeted him a good morning. He went directly into his room, leaving me nervous outside.

"Taehyung?" I knocked on his door. I brought the cup of hot choco that was still warm, put it down on his desk. It was freezing this morning, the storm outside greatly lowered the temperature.

"Drink it, it shall warm you up," I said, forcing a smile even though the situation was nerve-wracking. I noticed those tiny cuts on the corner of his lips. It was only making me felt more guilty for putting him in danger the day before.

"I have my coffee." He picked up his coffee and waved in front of me. His face muscles barely moved. Weird, Taehyung hates coffee. He hated bitter food, I was sure about that.

"Don't you hate coffee?" I asked.

"People change," Taehyung shrugged nonchalantly, turning up the heater as he removed the scarf wrapped around his neck. What he said seemed to mean more than it was supposed to be. For some reasons, his words hurt.

"Taehyung, about yesterday-"

"Would you please go out, I want to focus on work." Taehyung rasped making me flinched. I gulped thickly, "okay." Then retreated to my seat outside.

I tapped my heels on the crystal floor, waiting for Taehyung to come out from his meeting. We came to his business partner's house. The penthouse is so large, everywhere is painted either gold or silver. Everything looked expensive. Especially that gigantic diamond chandelier up there. This man has too been hella rich.

Taehyung asked me to wait for him outside the room, so I did. It has been almost 3 hours and they were still not done. I bet it went well because I heard waves of laughter. I was bored to the point that I've opened every app I had on my phone.

The door was finally opened. I stood up to see Mr Oh coming out of the room, cheeks flushed red and not walking properly. Behind him was a drunk Taehyung, swining a sock in his hand.

I hurried over to Taehyung, trying my best to support his heavy body. Mr.Oh Sehun, the partner,  wasn't as drunk as Taehyung, he was sober. "It was fun working with you Taehyung." He patted Taehyung's shoulder and Taehyung grinned cutely. "Oh, Lea, correct?" Sehun looked at me, I nodded and bowed.

"Nice meeting you, now, excuse me, I want to sleep," Sehun said and went upstairs, bidding is goodbyes.

"Tae?" I squeezed his cheeks when his eyelids were struggling to close. "Hold on a bit, don't sleep now. I can't carry you home." I said while dropping Taehyung onto the passenger seat.

"Okay!" Taehyung exclaimed, one second after he said that, he fell asleep.

I swore I must have lost at least one-kilogram moving Taehyung from his car to his bed. Taehyung lay on his bed with a prostrate position. I took off his shoes and socks. One sock to by exact, one was already nowhere to be seen.

"Ohhh, I have to puke-" Taehyung stumbled to the bathroom, kneeling in front of the toilet as he threw up. I wiped his mouth with a random towel I found near the sink, helping him drink some water.

Taehyung took off his clothes when I handed him a white T-shirt I found in his closet. I blushed and turned away seeing his bare cheat, the vision of his toned body wasn't leaving my mind any second.

When I looked at him again, he was hugging his blanket.

I brushed away his soft hair to aside and put a wet towel on his forehead. I missed watching him sleep, that might sound creepy but watching him sleep was one of my favourite things in the world.

Just the way his lips pouted and parted a bit, his chest calmly rising and falling as he breathed. There weren't many chances for me to stare at his face, no need to say anything and simply admire the tiniest features of him.

After staring at him like a creep for a few good minutes, I decided it was time for me to leave.

The sound of someone sobbing made me stopped my way to the door. I turned around to see a crying Taehyung, his eyes opened, sparkling with tears.

"What's wrong, Tae?" I asked worriedly, caressing his face.

"Are you going to leave me again?" He mumbled. I swallowed, feeling the urge to cry.

"No, Taehyung. I'm not leaving you." I forced a smile, a tear ran down my face. Taehyung sobbed. I wiped his tears away, but he couldn't stop crying. The scene in my sight was breaking me, he cried, painfully. Taehyung choked on his sobs, his lips trembled from crying intensely.

Why are you hurting, Taehyung?

Taehyung looked at me with teary eyes, the glossy film of his eyeballs reflecting the light from the small lamp from his nightstand.

"I love you Lea-a, how do I make you love-e me again?"

For some reasons, this chapter is very heartbreaking in my opinion

I'm also sad because Wattpad doesn't let me upload Taehyung's gif, sigh.

Thank you for reading, lovelies💜