Eighteen

<< C h a p t e r 18 >>

The day of my mother's surgery came faster than expected. I had been feeling nothing but anxious about it since a week ago, and tommorow is the day. I was just... scared.

I understand that every surgery has risks. Jin explained that this surgery should be not too risky, he told me to relax but I can't seem to do so.

"Oh my g- I'm so sorry." I quickly pulled out some tissue from the tissue box, soaking the coffee that i was spilled on Taehyung's desk. Thank god there was no important documents or papers on his desk, if not I'm dead.

"I'm sorry, I was dozing off- and I- I'm-m so sorry-" I apologized, cleaning the desk with my shaky hands.

"Relax, Lea. It's no big deal." Taehyung said. "Hey. Look at me." He made me look at him by raising my chin with his index finger. My worried eyes met Taehyung and he frowned.

Taehyung stood up from his desk, picking up something from the shelve and sat down on his couch placed on the other end of his office. I stared at him blankly, not knowing what to do.

"Come here." Taehyung demanded, patting the place next to him.

I slowly approached him. Taehyung gently let my head fall to his lap. He covered me with a furry blue blanket he just took and massaged my temples.

I closed my eyes, feeling my body relax when his finger worked like magic. "You're tensed lately because of the surgery, sleep for a while, it'd make you feel better." Taehyung whispered. His voice faded out as I drifted to dreamland with a mild smile on my face.

I woke up, feeling a warm blanket still wrapped around my body. I felt so relaxed and energized after sleeping for so long. I brought my head away from the pillow, which was Taehyung's lap. Taehyung had his eyes shut, his left hand resting on the back pillow. His head leaned on his hand for supported.

I smiled heartwarmingly appreciating what Taehyung had done for me.

I put the blanket on him and stood up from the couch, going to wrap up today's work so that i can focus on my mother's surgery tomorrow.

"Where are you going?" Taehyung held my wrist making me gasped in surprise. He pulled me back to the couch making me crash on his torso. He lied down on the couch and forced me to lie on top of him with my hands resting on his chest.

"I was going to finish the work," I replied to his question. By observing the sky outside through the huge glass window of his office, it was late, the sun has set, the moon was taking over the sky, dyeing the sky a dark blue colour.