Twenty-two

<< C h a p t e r 22 >>

"Jungkook!" I squealed when he carried me with his muscular arms from the bathroom to the dining room. This man is strong af. I gasped in surprise when I saw the table with breakfast freshly cooked.

"You cooked this?" I asked, my eyes scanning the delicious-looking food beautifully decorated. Those heart-shaped eggs and bacon. This man...

"Yep." Jungkook smiled proudly, taking the seat across me.

I was already shoving pancakes in my mouth as soon as I sat down, "when?" I queried, I mean, it takes time to cook, I just woke up not long and he prepared breakfast?

"When you were snoring like a pig." Jungkook imitated snoring sounds, earning a smack on his arms from me.

"I don't snore!" I said.

"How do you know?" Jungkook raised his eyebrows.

"I-uh... no one ever told me so I assumed I don't?" I explained.

"I'm just kidding," Jungkook giggled and pecked my lips, "eat up," he said and pinched my cheeks, "even if you snore like a pig, I'll still love you."

Jungkook's comment made me roll my eyes but I was smiling in my heart. It has been too long that I couldn't remember when was the last time I'm enjoying my life with people I love. Life is made of small moments like this, now he's the person creating them with me. I think I've made the right decision.

"Do you want orange juice or water?" Jungkook asked, standing up, ready to get us some drinks.

"Orange juice, please."

"Okay." Jungkook walked over to the kitchen, opening the cupboard to take the cups out. My smile fell when I saw he took the grey-blue cup Taehyung used the night we met again. The feeling of nostalgia or something missing hit me again.

No, Lea. It's nothing. You're happy with Jungkook, forget them. They will fade away. People come and go in life, Taehyung is just a character of a few chapters of my life. The story of my life can still be beautiful without him.

With deep breaths, I put on a smile again, grinning at Jungkook who's the new owner of the cup.

Jennie ran to me when I stepped out of the lift to our floor. Did she wait for me all the time?

"You have no idea what's happening-oh god-" Jennie looked so nervous to tell me something which I have no idea what that would be.