Three

<<C h a p t e r 3>>

<<C h a p t e r 3>>

Lea Pov

We are blind. So blind. Too blind to acknowledge what we have erred.

By the time I came back to my sense, I was lying next to Jungkook, with nothing but my raw body.

Shit.

I swear my pupils were shuddering. I silently collected my clothing on the floor, putting them on and exited the room in fear. I mentally slapped myself for not recalling anything but by what I saw when I woke up. I did something erroneous last night.

I cheated on Taehyung.

A tear rolled down my cheeks while I walked down the corridor like a lost child. I can't imagine myself explaining to Taehyung and how he would react to his. I'm so screwed.

As if one surprise is not enough, Taehyung was standing on the polar end of the hallway.

His hair dishevelled, his shirt unbuttoned. His eyes doubled in size when he saw me. What the heck is going on?

"Lea, I- What- You-" Taehyung was lost in words, I was too.

"What did you do, Taehyung?"

We sat across each other in muteness. We came back to his apartment, we were both frozen. Astonishment, madness, guilt, all coming at once. The mixed feelings didn't allow us to react.

"Lea- I'm sorry." Taehyung started, his eyes shifted between me and the table. His hands nervously clasped together, not knowing where to settle.

"I s-slept with someone." Taehyung let out the words I never supposed I would learn from his mouth. It took him almost an hour to say those words. Four simple words, but with enormous impact. Should I feel angry? I don't know how to feel.

"I think it's obvious," I stated coldly. "Well, to be fair, I cheated on you too," I confessed. Taehyung's eyes widened. His gaze turned from guilty to pure anger. He stood up furiously, shouting words at my face.

"I knew it- that Jeon fucking Jungkook. So you actually like him back all this time huh?" Taehyung's gaze was severe, nothing like the affectionate ones I used to see.

"Listen Taehyung. Last night you didn't show up and I was mad then I was drunk, I-I didn't know what happened-"

"Bullshit!" Taehyung growled, harshly slamming his hand on the table. I've never seen him that mad.

Taehyung abruptly trapped me between the wall and his torso. It was like a volcanic eruption, Taehyung is getting out of control. "Did it feel good? Having him on top of you?"

I slapped him on the face without a second thought, his words stabbed knifes into my heart. "Shut up! You cheated on me too, who are you to say terrible words to me!" I cried out, nudging him off me.

"I was drunk-"

"Well, I was too Taehyung. I would never cheat on you, I wasn't in my right mind last night. Believe me or not, it wasn't meant to happen, okay?" I said in frustration, the way I expressed didn't come out right.

I didn't know if I'm here trying to save this relationship or trying to end it. I don't know.

I was going to apologize and beg for his forgiveness but heck, he cheated on me, with a random girl he didn't even know what her name was.

"I fucking should have-" Taehyung paced in the room in disappointment. We were broken and remorseful. We both made mistakes, and there's no point in debating whether this is whose fault now.

This is awry, and immoral.

I guess this is meant to happen one day. The seam of our relationship is being ripped apart by our own hands. We gave rise to this, there's no one else to denounce but us.

If we were fine, we wouldn't get drunk and expose our vulnerable state to someone else.

I know now, this is not Jungkook or that whoever girl's responsibility.

It's us.

We were too broken.

I have to put an end to this relationship, for our own good. Goodbye may be tough, but the future is colourful again, at least I hope. I took off the necklace Taehyung gifted me on our first anniversary, placing in on the table. Taehyung's eyes wrote reluctance, but he didn't object. He knew this is the best for us.

I'm sure both of us treasure this relationship dearly. It is difficult to let go, but the truth is seated in front of our eyes. We cannot just act like nothing happened and proceed with it.

I have to finish this mess.

Without looking back, I turned on my heels and went out of his apartment.

What I feared the most occurred.

I lost him.

The chapters would be short-medium length

The chapters would be short-medium length. They may vary, depends on the plot.
I tried to end every chapter "cooly" (laughs)😂

Thank you💜