Fourteen

<< C h a p t e r 14 >>

I nearly called Jin every day to ask if there's any good news about the organ transplant. Jin must found me annoying but he still kindly answered all my questions about my mother's case. He told me he will contact me on the spot if there's an update about organ donation.

Life has been the same, moving around from work to hospital, back to home and repeat.

Okay, life has been slightly different.

Taehyung was around.

He seems to enjoy visiting my mother with me, I didn't stop it from happening since my mom loves having him there.

I was spending the little break I have at work with Jennie at the pantry, casually chatting and drinking our coffees. "I see you opening up to him, huh?" Jennie quirked her eyebrow and I scoffed.

"We'll just stay as a friend, nothing more than that, I promise." I meant it, I have no intention to start over again with Taehyung. I think I'm good like this. Except there were sometimes I thought I was his girlfriend, the times I almost wanted to kiss him watching his lips move as he speaks.

I want to put my brain into the washing machine, I have to clear my mind.

"Lea? We should get going now." Taehyung appeared out of nowhere, making me almost spit my coffee. "Okay, coming," I said. I almost forget that I have to attend a meeting together with Taehyung at another company.

I checked if I have everything in my purse and wore my jacket while walking out of the lobby. Taehyung said he will wait outside of the company in his car. Taehyung doesn't like having a driver like other CEOs, he prefers driving himself.

I fastened my speed, pushing the glass door to step outdoor.

I froze when I saw a few men standing outside. I almost dropped my iPad. Those men have piercings and tattoos, scaring the passerby. They're here.

I looked away but it was too late, they spotted me. One of the men yanked me by my forearm, I whined in the pain caused by the men pulling my hair afterwards.

"More than a week has gone by, pretty girl. Do you think we cannot reach you with that boyfriend you have with you everywhere? Where's he now?" The men roared, warm tears dropped from the corner of my eyes. That's it, today will be the death of me. I do not have any money right now, they'll cut me into half, rip my flesh and chop off my fingers like how it was in dramas.

"Please-e let me go, please." I cried, but the man didn't change a bit and instead pulled my hair harder. People walked by only stared at us and leave in fear, nobody helped.

"I don't have so much money right now, give me one more week please," I begged, holding the arm of the gangster who was pulling my hair.

"Pretty girl, our deal does not work like this." With that, the man started to force me to their van, the other men came forward, forcing me to go follow them. I screamed and yelled, but no one has the courage to save me.

"Take your filthy hands off her!" Taehyung threw his fist to one of the men before they could successfully kidnap me. I fell to the ground with trembling legs, watching Taehyung fight the men. At the same time, another person came, confronting the men.

With my blurry vision, I blinked a few times until I saw who that was.

Jungkook?

I watched in terror as they beat each other. Taehyung's lips were bleeding, he glanced towards me, his eyes stern as he combated with the men again. Jungkook, on the other hand, defeated the men skillfully, ultimately Jungkook's boxing lessons aren't wasted.

A few securities of Taehyung's ran over to them and helped to control the gangsters.

Taehyung hurried to me, cupping my cheeks in his hand, checking if I was hurt. My sight was so blurry because of the tears that were cascading rapidly. I was so scared. What if they got hurt? Did I mention those nasty people carried knives?

Taehyung still nevertheless cared about me first, he pulled me into his arms, stroking my hair to calm me down.

"It's okay now, don't cry."

"Lea!" Jungkook pushed Taehyung away, helping me to stand up from the floor. Taehyung fired his gaze to Jungkook but Jungkook didn't seem to care. He was ignoring him like he wasn't existing.

"Are you hurt?" Jungkook eyed me from the top to the bottom.

"I'm okay, Jungkook," I reassured him, Taehyung was rolling his eyes next to us. Jungkook embraced me, despite Taehyung's stares.

"Come, I'll take you home, you look frightened." Jungkook intertwined our hands and started to walk. Taehyung removed Jungkook's hand from mine, strongly opposing.

"No, I'm taking care of her." Taehyung insisted and I sighed, the tension between them was so evident, almost visible like there were frames radiating from their bodies.

"Let's go," Jungkook said and took my hand again.

"Lea," Taehyung called out my name, his voice deepened. I hesitantly stopped my steps, looking back to Taehyung. I should just go home by myself, shouldn't I?

"Lea!" Jungkook said, almost like a warning. They were piercing into me making me very hard to react. The two people both care so much for me, the two people that I treasure in my life. They just saved me from danger again, why do I even have to decide.

That's the moment I realize how important they are to me. Both of them.

Also, the moment I realized I have to choose between them one day.

I'm still not sure how many chapters will this book has YET.

Vote if you want more

Thank you for reading💜