Twenty-four

<< C h a p t e r 24 >>

I didn't receive any message or calls from Jungkook for almost two days. He read my texts but he chose to leave me on read. As I said, it was reasonable for him to be mad at me. So, I'm offering him all the rooms he needs, once he calms down again, I'll speak to him and apologize.

I baked my mother her favourite cake, blueberry cheesecake. I kept it cold with the container and set off to my mother's house. I asked her to stay at my residence after she's discharged from the hospital but she refused. She prefered to stay at her house. Saying that she doesn't want to disturb Jungkook and I and she could take care of herself well.

Since Jungkook stays over at my house nearly every day after we started dating, not wanting any of them to feel uncomfortable, I agreed to let her stay in her house with the maid I hired to take care of her.

I arrived at my mother's house. I unlocked the door with the spare keys. Quietly entering, I spotted mom sitting on the couch with a newspaper in her hands wearing her reading glasses.

"Mom!" I said aloud, surprising her. She blissfully put down the papers in her hands and walked over to me.

"Oh, honey," my mother gave me a hug which I gladly returned. Seeing my mother healthy again was the only wish I had, now it's fulfilled. Her yellow skin is now pale again, her lethargic body is doing well.

"Is this what I think it is?" My mother squealed as I took the cheesecake out of the box. Sometimes I feel like my mother is still a kid, she certainly has a young mental age.

She hurried to the kitchen, taking out two sets of plates and forks, ready to empty the cheesecake I made. I chuckled, cutting a huge piece for her. We enjoyed this little tea time, chatting and even planning the future trip I would like to take my mother to.

"How are things with Jungkook?" My mother brought up the topic, I knew this would come anyways.

"We're good." I smiled, a fake one.

"How about Taehyung? How is he?"

I shifted in my seat, clearing my throat when I spoke, "he was transferred to the headquarter in Incheon."

"Oh," my mother let out, nodding before she sighed.

"Honey, I don't want to invade your personal life... but I don't want to see any of you hurt. You made a choice, did you choose with your heart as I told you to?" She questioned, her eyes stern.

"I-i did," gulping loud, I avoided my mother's eyes.

"Do you love Jungkook?"