Thirty

(double updates cuz why not?)

<< C h a p t e r 30 >>

"You're sure you want to do this?" Taehyung held my hand in concern, caressing my palm in a caring way as I inhaled deeply.

"Yes," I replied confidently, walking into the hospital hand in hand with him.

We came to Jungkook's room, stopping for a moment before going in.

"I want to go in alone, can you wait outside?" I inquired and Taehyung widened his eyes.

"No! Who knows what he's gonna do to you!" Taehyung exclaimed, shaking his head, saying many 'nos'.

"He's under medication, Tae. He's stable and he won't hurt me. Trust me." I reassured my pouting boyfriend. I've been feeling a lot like the days we were dating, and I'm glad to live like that again.

Taehyung chewed his inner cheek, still debating in his head. I giggled watching him think so hard, I tiptoed to land a peck on his cheek. He instantly melted. "Fine, just yell BABY! if you need me."

"You didn't have to act it out, oh gosh. This is embarrassing." I covered my reddened face, sensing weird stares from the people around.

Taehyung on the contrary wouldn't mind other's opinions at all. He lives in his world, only him and I. It's one of the things I adore about him.

He smiled cheekily before telling me to go. I swallowed hard and knocked on the door. I turned the doorknob, inviting myself in.

I was lost in words when I met a pair of doe eyes staring me up from the bed. Jungkook was sitting on the bed with a book in his hand, his eyes wrote shock when he saw me but he then averted his gaze away.

"Hi." I managed to say and he said the same in return. I sat the food I brought for him on the table, then a heavy bag on the floor.

"Hospitals' food is a nightmare, so I bought you your favourite sweet potato," I announced and he smiled, mumbling a thank you.

I watched as he plopped one into his mouth, his eyes stayed on mine as he chewed it, savouring the sweetness of it. "It's delicious and sticky as expected."

"I'm glad." Jungkook and I burst into laughter.

"I thought you would never want to see me again," Jungkook said, gulping down the food with some water.