Twenty-six

<< C h a p t e r 26 >>

"Taehyung."

I breathed out, tossing myself into his embrace on the spot. The overwhelming feeling from what happened today caused me to shed the tears I've been holding the whole day. You know, it sucks to not cry because you're in public.

"You're freezing, come in, I'll warm you up first," Taehyung said in concern, his hand rubbing my arm. I felt the goosebumps forming on my arm from the impact of his touch.

He brought me into his apartment, telling me to sit down on the couch while he went inside his room. I sat in the middle of the living room, my eyes travelled to my surroundings. Not much changed.

The pieces of furniture, the drawings on the wall, most things were just the same as it was from years ago.

Even the photos of us were still there in the same place above the armchair.

Taehyung soon came back with a blanket and a cup of hot chocolate. The smell of sweetness from it filled the house giving rise to a Christmas-like atmosphere. The holiday is indeed coming soon though.

He carefully wrapped the blanket around me and handed me the cup. Taking a sip, I felt the warm liquid heated up my body. I sensed Taehyung's intense gaze next to me, he's probably waiting for an explanation from me. He's probably thinking 'Why would she show up at my house in the middle of the night?'

"You still live here," I commented, starting a topic.

"Yea, this place carries a lot of beautiful memories. I feel comfortable living in here, this place feels like home, you know?"

"Hm." I only hummed in response, not expecting the topic to end so soon. I couldn't think of anything to say, so Taehyung broke the silence first.

"Mind telling me why you came?"

I gulped, what- what am I supposed to tell him. Saying that I want to claim him back after playing with Jungkook? He would think of me that way, wouldn't he? Would he feel like he's being played by me like a marionette? Like I could own him whenever I desire and abandon him whenever I feel like committing so.

"I-i..." Screw my life, I'm getting to the point now.

"I love you, Tae." His eyes doubled in size before he can even respond, I continued, "I know I was a fool to think that I can forget you by kicking you out of my life. I... cannot. I realized I have never given you a chance to make things right between us, I regret hurting you and—"

"Shush," Taehyung mumbled, putting his finger on my lips. "Am I dreaming? Did you say you love me?" His eyes got watery, it didn't take long for a tear to the drop.

"I never stopped loving you," I muttered. Taehyung cupped my face in his hand, his free hand went behind my neck, bring my face to his, our lips met, colliding as one.

After a long and sensual kiss, Taehyung pulled away, his glossy eyes were just inches apart from mine. I couldn't help but felt extremely emotional too.

"I love you Taehyung, and I want to give you an opportunity, give us a try, will you?" I murmured against his lips, Taehyung bobbed his head shortly.

"You're mine? You are willing to be my girlfriend again?" Taehyung asked in excitement, like a little kid receiving an unexpected gift from his parents.

I giggled and nodded, "I'd love to be yours because I love you." I captured his lips in mine again, those lips that I want them to myself forever.

"You have no idea how happy you're making me right now. I'll prove it to you Lea, that I'm trustworthy, you wouldn't regret believing me again. I'll love you for my whole life, I'll never let you go, never." Taehyung smiled, I grinned, reflecting his smile.

We're completed again.

The ding sound of my phone notifications woke me up, informing me that I've received a message.

I was in Taehyung's bed, he wanted me to stay the night since it was late. Taehyung wasn't by my side. I checked my phone, it was 11 in the morning. Did Taehyung leave for work? I slept for so long.

My eyes jumped to the lower part of my cellphone, a few messages popped up making me gulped in fear.

3 messages from Jungkook

I unlocked my phone, covering my mouth in shock when I read them.

[attached picture]

Jungkook: Surprise? I know you would go to him.

Jungkook: I wonder what his reaction would be seeing the pictures?

My eyes widened, the pictures were from yesterday when I was unconscious. I was wearing the same clothes, lying on the bed. My shirt untidy, revealing my collarbone and shoulder. Jungkook was next to me, bare-chested, he took this selfie when I fainted?

No, no, no.

I quickly got out of bed, terrified to think about how Taehyung would think of the deceitful pictures. I just confessed to him yesterday saying I'll give us a try. What if he misunderstood the whole thing, thinking I'm fooling him?

I paced to the living room, my feet stopped when I saw Taehyung, his face dark as he stared into his phone. He was facing me sideways, I saw it, he already received the photos from Jungkook.

Shit.

"Taehyung-g I can explain, It's not how it seems, Jungkook-k was trying to garble you and separate us— here"

"Lea," Taehyung interrupted, his eyes lifted to mine. I swallowed thickly, afraid to know what's about to happen.

"Please-e Tae, it's not real-" I cried out as he approached me.

"I believe in you, Lea."

Anybody surprised? No? Okay :')

Just wrote the ending for the book yesterday, 9 chapters left!

💜