Thirty-one

<< C h a p t e r 31 >>

"No! Kim Taehyung!" I squealed, running in the living room with Taehyung chasing me. He has a big spoon full of whipped cream on his hand, trying to smash it on my face.

We were decorating a cake for my mother's birthday dinner tonight, how the heck did this turn into a dessert war?

"Come here, you cheeky woman!" Taehyung beamed,  we were standing face to face with the couch separating us. It was like in the middle of a stalemate, none of us making a move first.

"Last warning. Don't Do It, OR I WILL—"

"Ahhh—"

Before I can even finish my words, Taehyung hovered over, wiping a thick chunk of whipped cream across my face.

My jaw dropped opened, I just had my shower and spent an hour or more on my makeup and he ruined them all by a split second.

"Oh, shit-" Taehyung jumped off me seeing the flames in my eyes burning like a wild forest fire.

"I swear I'll kill you, Kim Taehyung!" I ran after him, knocking off the cushions and even objects on the furniture. Taehyung smirked when I ran out of breath, he was panting at the end of the corridor linking the living room to his room.

"Tae, we have to go now— *deep breaths* I'll let you go this time, let's clean up, alright?" I suggested breathlessly. Taehyung took a few moments to progress my idea and nodded. "Okay."

He walked towards me as we headed back to the kitchen.

I eyed him once and raised the bottle of whipped cream behind my back. "Let you go?! In your dreams Tae!" I exclaimed and started spraying whipped cream all over his head.

Taehyung didn't even attempt to struggle when he saw the cream falling down his bangs.

Meanwhile, I was laughing next to him, proud of my successful revenge.

I didn't know how but we managed to be on time even after all the chaos during the cake-making session at home.

I helped my mother to place the dishes on the dining table as we prepared for dinner. I told her we should just order food since she should not be the person cooking on her birthday, but she insisted to make us a table full of Korean cuisine.