Twenty-five

<< C h a p t e r 25 >>

I unlocked the door, stepping inside my apartment. A very anxious Jungkook looked up from the couch, he ran to me, taking me into his arms.

"I'm sorry, I-I'm really sorry," Jungkook mumbled, pressing my head to his chest. I heard his heart loudly thumping in his body. I felt more guilty about not feeling anything. Mom was right, I'm being selfish to be with Jungkook when I love Taehyung. I'm hurting Jungkook.

"It's okay, Kook."

"No, It's not— I should have been more understanding— I should not have just left like that. I'm sorry for being an asshole and—"

"No, Jungkook. You made me realize something."

I kept a calm face, removing his arms from mine. Jungkook looked at me feeling puzzled. I exhaled deeply before opening my mouth again. "You're right, Jungkook. I still love him. I know- I'm stupid but I still love him. I cannot be this self-centered. I should not have agreed to be your girlfriend when my heart belongs to Taehyung. You- you have no idea how terrible I'm feeling right now. I- just have to stop us, stop me from further hurting you. I'm sorry Jungkook, I can't continue anymore."

Jungkook's eyes saddened more than they already were. He gulped, the veins on his arms popping up. "After all, after everything I've done for you, you still chose him over me."

I broke into tears, feeling like an incredibly horrible person for hurting Jungkook. "I'm so-so so sorry."

"Why? Lea, why?" Jungkook said, almost inaudible.

"I'm sorry. I don't choose for my heart, I don't choose how I feel. I'm sorry." I marched towards the door again, I have to find Taehyung.

Little did I know, walking out of the door is not an easy task.

A strong hand yanked me back into the house by gripping my hair harshly. I stumbled backwards, crying from the pain. I dropped to the floor, looking up to see a furious Jungkook looking at me. His eyes were frightening as if he wanted to kill me with his bare hands right now.

"Jungkook-k..." I crawled back as he kept approaching.

I screamed when Jungkook lifted me, talking to my face. "You're mine, Lea. You are only mine."

Jungkook pushed me to the wall in full strength, my head crashed on the wall, everything went black.

I woke up, with cold sweat covering my body. Chill ran down my spine when I realized I was in my room, on my bed. The pain at the back of my head made me hissed. My hand touched it, blood.

My eyes trembled when I recollected what happened before I fainted. Jungkook—

He entered the room, his eyes swollen and red. I clutched onto the bedsheet, scared to see him.

To my surprise, Jungkook dropped to his knees, crying in front of me. "I'm sorry, Lea. I hurt you, I'm so sorry." He touched my hands, trying to reach for my face but I moved away.

"You abused me." I let out a shaky breath, recalling how afraid I was when Jungkook hurt me.

"I didn't mean to do that, I was angry and I let it get the best of me. I'm so sorry." Jungkook sobbed.

"No matter how mad you were... it doesn't mean you can hurt me!" I got off my bed, taking my purse as I ran away from the house.

"Lea, please, let me explain!" Jungkook grabbed on my wrist, refusing to let me enter the lift.

"There's nothing more to be explained." I removed his grip, ignoring his sorrowful face and headed to where my heart belongs to.

Pulling out my phone from my pocket, I dialled a number I never thought I would dial again after years.

"Jimin?" I talked when the line was connected. Thankfully he didn't change his number. When Taehyung disappeared back then, I got to know his whereabouts from Jimin. Funny how 5 years later, I'm doing it again.

"Lea!? What a surprise!" His cheerful voice was heard from the other side of the line. No matter how much I would love to catch up with Jimin, my heart was beating furiously, telling me to find Taehyung the sooner the better.

"Uh, hi. Um, sorry to disturb your night but would you know where Taehyung lives?"

"Oh- no worries, I'll text you the address" Jimin muttered, I gratefully thanked him and ended the call. I received his text, other than the address, he added one more line.

JIMIN: Get him, girl! 😉

I chuckled shortly and typed in the information in Google map, following it as I set off to his place.

The address looked familiar. It's not far from where I was currently at. The closer I was, I realized the streets were familiar.

I stood in front of his apartment, staring at the building stood in front of my eyes. This is where he lived when we were in university.

I entered the lift, pressing the button to his floor. My heart was roaring even faster when I arrived at his floor. Flat A.

This is exactly where he used to live.

The same scene was pictured into my mind after years. I never thought I'd come here again.

With the money Taehyung has right now, it's kind of abnormal for him to not move to a more luxurious apartment. This, however, is nothing important for now.

I breathed heavily, patting my chest in an attempt to soothe myself a bit. Fixing my clothes, my shaky finger hovered over the doorbell, ringing it.

The door was opened from the inside, after a while, revealing Taehyung in his black silk pyjamas. His eyes enlarged, shocked to find me standing in front of his door probably.

"Taehyung."

Maybe a few chapters left, I'm not so sure, but one thing for sure is that the book is reaching the end!

💜