Twenty

(double update because I feel bad for not updating for a week)

<< C h a p t e r 20 >>

Lea Pov

I made use of the time alone to clear my mind. This moment may be the scariest moment I have ever had in my whole life, even scarier than the time I found out myself cheated on Taehyung. I tried to distract myself with something else, looking at everywhere around the waiting room.

It worked.

For a minute.

The thoughts always come back to my mother, when her face flashed in my head, my eyes got blurry again.

My mother's phone rang in my purse, rummaging inside, I took out the phone and accepted the call which was from an unknown ID.

"Hello?"

"Hel- is this Laurel?" A husky voice spoke my mother's name. I might not have heard this voice for the past few years but I recognized it from the first word. Because this was the voice I listened to everyday as I grew up.

Tears were welling in my eyes as I struggled to hold onto the cellphone. The events in the past retrieving from the back of my head.

Flashback

"Daddy!" I squealed as I jumped off from my mother's arm the moment we got out from her car. I made this beautiful handcraft during the art lesson at school today, I couldn't wait to show my father.

"Don't run, Lea!" My mother shouted from the back, taking my pink sparkping my little pony school bag as she locked the car in the garage.

I tiptoed to unlock our front door. My hand holding my handcraft trying to not drop it to the floor. With that little strength from my tiny body, I pushed open the door and ran up the stairs to find my father.

"Daddy!" I shouted, walking with my short legs to my parent's room.

The door creaked opened a bit, I poked my head inside to see my father hugging a woman in bed. His hands roaming around the female's body as they kissed.

My mother said people kiss to show how much they love each other. My father loves me and my mother, he loves this woman too?

I heard my mother gasped behind me, immediately covering my eyes and brought me to her arms. She hurried to my room and put me in bed, "stay here, Lea." She said and I nodded. My mother then played the disney playlist on the music player, not forgetting to close the door when she walked out.