Twelve

<< C h a p t e r 12 >>

"What the heck is he doing here?" Jungkook and Taehyung said in unison, pointing at each other.

"Uh-h." I opened my mouth but closed them again, shit.

"Taehyung, you should leave. I'll see you tomorrow bright and early." I forced Taehyung into the lift and pressed the podium floor. Taehyung struggled to come out but eventually gave up. The lift closed and went down.

I heaved a loud sigh but instantly gulp when I saw Jungkook clenching his jaw.

"Come in first."

"So he's more than a boss now?" Jungkook leaned on the wall with his back. He was disappointed seeing Taehyung at my place, obviously.

"He was just being kind," I explained and placed the groceries Jungkook brought. I smiled seeing all kinds of food I like, all daily necessities that my house ran out of being here. Jungkook is a very caring person undoubtedly, what can I do without him?

"I don't think walking you to your doormat is necessary." Jungkook rolled his eyes, oh, I forgot he's mad at me.

"I didn't let him in! I already asked him to leave!" I added.

"Where's the distance you promised to keep with him?" Jungkook was discontented and annoyed. I understood that he's just worried, I also knew that I guaranteed to only maintain boss and employee relationship with Taehyung.

"I'm sorry, I'll stay away from him." I caressed Jungkook's forearm, I gulped when he lifted his eyes to mine. When I followed his gaze to where he was looking at, oh crap.

"Why the heck are you hurt, Lea?"

Jungkook grabbed my arms, raising them. "Did Kim Taehyung hit you?" Jungkook growled. "What? Of course not!" I defended him.

"Then those nasty people came after you, correct?" He questioned, rushing to the shelves to get the first-aid box. I forgot about the wounds, I hid them with my cardigan at work so Taehyung and my colleagues wouldn't notice. Yet, I just took it off.

"Jungkook, the wounds are treated already-"

"Sit down," Jungkook demanded. I sighed and sat down on the couch. He took some cotton from the box and sterilized my wound, they were healing, not as bad as days ago.

"You haven't answered my question."

"Yes, they came," I confessed, Jungkook almost threw his fist to the wall. I held Jungkook's wrist, "Hey, look at me." He was avoiding my gaze, I stood up and cupped his face to force him to look at me.