Thirty-two

<< C h a p t e r 32 >>

"Lea!" Ignoring my mother's calling, I headed towards the front door, picking up my bag from the couch in the process. Everyone stood up from the table, watching my every action. My father looked guilty, well, he should be.

"I'll check up on her, don't worry," Taehyung consoled my parents before taking his coat and ran after me.

Taehyung hurried out of the house, wandering through the garden to the street. He looked at different directions and spotted me walking alone in the darkness.

He jogged up to me, following me behind.

He can tell I'm still not cooled down by observing my clenched fists and folded arms, not to mention the almost-touching eyebrows.

"Baby..." Taehyung called but I didn't stop walking.

"Baby w—."

"Stop talking until I allow you to speak again." I shushed him by putting my finger on his lips. He nodded, "where are we going..." his sentence faded out as he realized he wasn't expected to talk.

"I'll tell you when we reached there."

"Ah, I remember here," Taehyung mumbled, taking a seat on the seesaw. "You used to come here all the time." He added.

I lied down on the slide, piercing into the starry night above us. This place carried my tears. This is the nearest park from my parent's house; when I was younger, I'd come here when they argue. I'd lie, telling them I hang out with my friends at the park, they buy it, they never suspect because they didn't have the energy to care.

The truth untold, no one plays with me, I'm the kid with scary parents in our neighbourhood. The neighbours hear their shoutings every night, yet, every day they walk out with forced smiles acting all fine. Funny how they think the neighbours wouldn't know what's going on. Even if nobody plays with me at the park, I'll still come because at least I wouldn't have to listen to all the shoutings downstairs.

Taehyung knew this is my place. It became a habit of mine for coming to this park whenever I've something stuck in my head. This habit lasted long; when we were dating, I came here sometimes too.

I felt Taehyung starting at me, I knew exactly what he was waiting for.

"You can talk now."