Four

<<C h a p t e r 4>>

<<C h a p t e r 4>>

Five years.

Five years have gone by but I didn't seem to have forgotten you.

I missed you.

Taehyung was my first love, I wished he was my last. They asked me if I still love him, I said no, actually, I was not so sure. It's hard to let go of the sentiments accumulated from 4 years of dating. It takes time, I just don't know how lengthy "time" specifically is.

"Earth to Lea?"

I blinked when he shook his hand in front of my face, "sorry." I apologized and resumed eating the bowl of ramen on the desk. The boiling hot noodles warmed my throat as I swallowed it, I hugged myself in my large goose-down jacket when the chilly wind breezed.

"I know that face, you're thinking about him, again," Jungkook dramatically emphasized the word again, this man can read me like an open book. That's reasonable though, we've been friends for almost 6 years now, only friends.

"Do we have to sit outside? It's so cold here." I picked up my ramen and immigrated to the convenience store leaving Jungkook behind. I have no idea why we constantly hang out in fast food shops or convenience stores for a meal, maybe... because he knows there's not much left in my bank account.

"Don't try to change the topic." Jungkook took a seat next to me. We sat at the table by the window, looking at the peaceful and shady street outside.

"Can we not talk about him?" I inquired, Jungkook sighed and chewed his food. "Fine but...I'm sorry about what happened back then. It's part of my fault, you know. Don't blame yourself for everything."

I put down the pair of chopsticks I was holding, spun on my chair to meet Jungkook who was eating his ramen.

"Kook, you and I were drunk. It's not your fault, plus, Taehyung and I were shattered in the first place."

Jungkook only nodded, he intended to say more, but he kept them to himself, "How's your mom?" Oh, now he's the one who's changing the topic.

"Not getting better, they say it's not working."

"She'll be fine, look on the bright side, Lea." Jungkook patted my shoulder and I forced a smile.

  I hope so too.

Jeez, my dark circles were getting worse.

I had been restless recently. I literally go to the hospital every day after work to take care of my mom. She is afraid, she thinks she's going to leave the world so she's calling me every day to spend more time with me. I solaced her, telling her she'll be fine, but I'm just as afraid as her.