Ten

<< C h a p t e r 10 >>

Taehyung was going back and forth between mad and confusion after Lea left with Jennie. Lea was purposely acting cold and distant so he did the same.

But he didn't like it.

In fact, Taehyung came back to Korea right after he completed all the business management courses his father required him to take. He could've stayed in Britain but he didn't. His mind never left Lea. He wanted to go back to her.

Even if they cannot be a couple anymore, seeing how she's doing and being around her is enough.

Taehyung couldn't suppress his cheeky self when they met again. He was acting arrogant because he was nervous around her. At the same time, it was because Lea made him angry by rapidly rejecting his kindness.

He has been very puzzled about his own feelings, so he dialled his personal advisor aka Park Jimin's number to meet up.

"Yo, Bro!" Jimin walked in the pub with delighted steps, meeting a completely opposite Taehyung with a beer in his hand.

"Why are you so happy?" Taehyung lowered his brow, glaring at Jimin who just ordered himself a glass of cocktail. He wanted to wipe that silly smile off his face. Everyone who's in a good mood now is getting on his nerve because he was nothing close to happy.

"I just asked a girl to go on a date with me next Saturday and she said yes!" Jimin squealed but stop seeing Taehyung's cold expression.

"You good, bro?" Jimin patted his shoulder. Taehyung only sighed and spun his stool so he looked at the glasses collection displayed on the wall.

"Can you help me ask Jennie what's happening with Lea?" Taehyung asked, knowing Jimin is still in contact with Jennie.

"Huh? Why don't you ask Lea yourself?" Jimin made a confused face.

"She wouldn't tell me. She looked tired and stressed every day but she wouldn't let me help." Taehyung rested his chin on his palm.

"Didn't you say your reunion with Lea went well?"

"Yes, I thought. But maybe I accidentally acted like an asshole at work and made her hate me or whatever. She doesn't look interested in maintaining a relationship— no, not even a friendship with me."

"But you came back for her, just get her! Apologize and be kind, maybe she will let you in again." Jimin suggested.

"I don't know if I should keep trying. She hates me and I'm very frustrated."

Jimin rolled his eyes. When Taehyung was still in Britain, they would occasionally have video calls, the topic during those calls would always go to Lea. Taehyung would always say how much he missed Lea, how much he regret betraying her love and trust, how much he still loves her. Yet, now he finally came back to win her heart and he's here being a coward.

"Man, do you love her or not?" Jimin asked calmly.

"Y—yes?" Taehyung tilted his head.

"Don't make it sound like a question, yes or no?"

"Fine, yes."

"See? Then just go and get her, win her heart back! Where's that confident Kim Taehyung that steal every women's hearts in uni?" Jimin smacked his chest, making Taehyung chuckled.

Every girl in their university drooled over him. Sadly, Taehyung landed his eyes on Lea since freshman year and broke everyone's fantasy when he began to date Lea.

Getting a girl is never hard for Taehyung. Every female falls for his charms the second they saw his flawless appearance. Lea was an exception.

Lea played hard to get at first, she was a tough girl. Taehyung didn't give up, sending cards, flowers, chocolates to her every day. In the end, he made her his as expected.

"I feel like Lea has changed."

"What? You mean her curves got sexier?" Jimin joked, earning a smack from Taehyung this time.

"No, you pervert. The whole vibe— I don't know how to explain, she just looked different. She looked like a different person, she looked depressed."

Taehyung found Lea even more difficult to approach than when they first met.

Lea seemed to have labelled Taehyung as harmful. Lea used to be bright and always carrying a smiley face. Not exaggerating at all, when she walks past, there's a ray of sunshine that's very contagious in a nice way, making everyone next to her positive and hopeful.

But now, the smile is gone.

This led Taehyung to think: did I hurt her so much that she's affected by it badly?

Lea today looked pessimistic, always stressed and worried. She wouldn't smile. The smiles Taehyung had seen were forced out, not genuine and pained.

It made Taehyung more curious and more concerned. He wanted to help, but she's shutting him out of the door.

Jimin sighed, feeling sorry for his buddy. He lightly touched his glass with Taehyung's. "If that's the case, you have even more reasons to be in her life again."

"Why so?" Taehyung queried.

"Because you can make her smile again, just like how you did before."

This chapter is weird but still

Vote!