Six

<<C h a p t e r 6>>

<<C h a p t e r 6>>

"Lea? There's a meeting for all staff starting in minutes, you better come now." Jennie, my colleague and best friend reminded.

"Oh, sure." I picked up my phone and notebook and set off the conference room for the meeting.

Jennie gestured me to sit next to her, I mumbled her a thank you for reserving a seat for me. "What's this meeting for?" I queried, we had a meeting yesterday about administration, so soon another?

"I'm not sure, everyone on our floor is called here. I think it's about the empty seat of the CEO." Jennie whispered, leaning back to her chair when someone came in.

He was dressed in a black blazer with the same colour dress shirt inside. He walked in with a space grey Ipad in his hand, occupying the seat in the centre. Everyone stood up to bow, my body acted the same yet my brain was still astonished to see him here. Jennie's just as surprised as me, jaw dropped.

He asked everyone to sit down, his eyes met mine and greeted with a tiny smirk.

"Good Morning, I'm Kim Taehyung, the new CEO of Granite, I look forward to working with everyone in the future." Taehyung introduced himself. Everyone clapped, but I stared at him, lips parted.

No wonder why he'd pass by the taxi stand yesterday.

Since when Kim Taehyung can be in charge of a huge company?

The meeting ended fast as Jennie said it's about the new CEO filling in the empty seat. I just... never in a million year would expect the person to be him.

From the look Jennie had all the time during the meeting, I knew she was going to say 'your ex is our new boss!?' I walked closely behind Jennie, heading back to our desks from the conference room.

"Miss Seo." A familiar deep voice called out causing me to stop. I nodded at Jennie, assuring her to go first. I nervously approached Taehyung at the corner.

"Come with me."

I followed Taehyung to his office, the CEO's office to be exact.

Yes, I still cannot accept the fact that he's the CEO of the company I work for.

He's just two years older than me, how?

I arrived at his office, closing the frosted glass door behind me. Taehyung turned on the ceiling lights and plopped down to his prosperous leather chair.

"Take a seat."

I obediently sat down across him with his mahogany desk separated us. He leaned in, clasping his hand together in front of his chest.

"How?" That's all I said, I'm curious, how?

Taehyung picked up a gold ball-point pen, spinning it in his hands. He has this habit of spinning pens since we're in college. He always does that during lectures or when he's doing his assignments.

"My dad appointed me, it's not like I can choose, Lea."

I knew Taehyung wouldn't want to take over a company. He avoids heavy responsibilities at all cost, he's somehow afraid of having too much power. Because once something in your hand goes wrong, you get all the blame. The stress of running a huge corporation isn't light, at all.

"Your dad owns Granite?"

Taehyung is rich, I know. Just by seeing him wearing Dior, Chanel and Gucci in College tell. Taehyung doesn't speak much about his dad, they do not share a nice relationship. On the contrary, Taehyung's mother is a lovely person, I loved those relaxing afternoons with his mother.

"He owns Derra, Granite is just one of the subsidiaries."

"Oh."

"I didn't know you work here until I saw your name on the workers' profile last night." Taehyung raised his eyebrows, "what's your position here?"

"I work as the assistant of the Chief Operating Officer," I answered, my mind drifting to Namjoon, my boss, also a friend outside work. He must be looking for me right now.

"How's the position?" Taehyung questioned.

"Uh, it's okay, it's manageable ." I smiled mildly, wondering why Taehyung's asking me this.

"Great then, I want you to be my personal assistant."

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows, Taehyung calmly nodded, "but I'm working for Nam-"

"He can get another one."

"But Taehyung! You can get another one too!" I raised my voice a little, it would be absurd for me to yell at my boss if I didn't know him.

"I want you, only you." Taehyung shrugged.

He's being willful again. Nothing can stop him when he decides something. I learnt that after we dated for months.

"I-I'm not sure-"

"Why? There's no reason for you to not take this position." Taehyung wet his lips with his tongue, typing something in his desktop computer as he started his work.

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion. I have every right to reject the position. I've been with Namjoon for years, I don't want to change. The idea of adapting to a whole new working environment or schedule scares me. Being the Cheif Operating Officer's assistant is already tough, the CEO's, I don't want to try. Furthermore, the CEO is Taehyung, my ex, I'm not sure if I can work with him twenty-four seven.

"This position pays well, you need money, don't you?"

Oooh, who else wants to punch Kim Taehyung in the face!?

Thank you for reading and smash the star button for the love of Yeontan

💜