Twenty-seven

<< C h a p t e r 27 >>

"I believe in you, Lea."

What?

Taehyung left me speechless, he was indeed calm and sincere when he said that. I thought he was going to go mad after seeing it. Thinking I was manipulating him while being with Jungkook. I expected him to throw me out of his house and yell in my face, but none, none of my expectations happened.

I burst into tears. Taehyung trusted me, like how he promised to. He loves me to an extent that he would choose to believe in me rather than the misleading photos.

Taehyung came forward holding me in his arms, "Hey, it's okay." He pecked my forehead, soothing me by caressing my forearm.

I cursed at myself for thinking about the worst again. Why didn't I have faith in Taehyung? Why do I think negatively all the time?

Sobbing in Taehyung's arms for a few good minutes, we sat down on the couch to talk.

"I believe I have explanations to do," I said when the tears finally stopped flowing out of my eyes.

"Go ahead," Taehyung smiled reassuringly, brushing my hair.

"Thank you for trusting me first of all. You have no idea how much that meant to me," I cupped his hand in mine, Taehyung kept the smile, staying calm and understanding.

He changed.

I took a deep breath before start explaining, "Jungkook and I started after the night of my mother's surgery. I agreed to be his girlfriend because silly me thought I could try and move on from you. I know how ridiculous I was to think that's possible. I realized I was selfish to use Jungkook, so I broke up with him... but he went mad, I've never seen him so mad before and he... he hurt me."

"What exactly do you mean he hurt you?" Taehyung's lips curved down hearing it.

"He... physically hurt me."

"I swear that freaking-" Taehyung balled his fist in anger.

"No, Taehyung. I'm not done yet. I fainted when he pushed me to the ground, I think he took those pictures when I was unconscious. It's not like what it seems."

"Of course I trust you, Lea." Taehyung hugged me again, "where did he hurt you?"

"The back of my head has a little wound. It's okay now, don't worry." I smiled, massaging the frowning one his face. Taehyung calmed down a little, "I'm sorry that happened to you."

"You should not be the person apologizing, Tae. I was dumb and I never noticed that side of Jungkook." I sighed, thinking how well Jungkook hid his abusive side around me for years. Jungkook is a well-mannered gentleman, a very kind and caring person, why would he...

I came back to reality when I felt Taehyung pecked my lips, "I'll kiss all your worries away, don't you dare think about them in your pretty little head."

I giggled when he pulled me on his laps, showering me with kisses.

"Wait, Tae-e." I stopped him and covered his mouth with my hand.

"What?" He questioned.

"I have a confession to make." Taehyung nodded, signalling me to continue. "I thought you weren't going to trust me. I mean... most people would think of the worst things possible when seeing such misleading photos. I thought you're going to shut me out of the door. I guess I failed to trust you like how I wanted to."

"It's okay. Trust needs time to build. It's not something to be done overnight. I broke your heart before, it's understandable for you to doubt me. But I'll prove it to you." Taehyung flashed his iconic boxy smile, making my heart melt.

"How could you be so positive?" I asked, swirling my arms around his neck.

"I guess, too many bad things happen in life causing people to lose faith in everything. But when I'm with you, I only see the good things. It would be lying if I said I didn't get shocked for a moment when I saw them, but I know there must be some unrevealed secret behind. I chose to trust, because I love you, baby." Taehyung pecked my lips, his hands on my waist while I looked at him like he's the best person on earth.

Yes, he is.

"You're wearing the necklace." Taehyung grinned, touching the silver necklace in his hand.

"Yea, I was surprised that you kept it after the day we... you know." I chuckled.

"I could never throw something so important away, I kept it with me through the years, telling myself I'll make you wear them again one day." Taehyung smiled eye to eye, he was being too truthful and it's very new to me in all honesty.

"You did?" I cocked my left eyebrow.

"Yes ma'am. I told you I was thinking of you every day when we were apart. You have no idea how excited I was to come back to Korea again." Taehyung laughed, stroking my thigh.

"I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling that." I lifted his shirt his wrist, the silver bracelet with a lock in the middle showing.

"Never unlock me, keep me to you forever please." Taehyung grinned cutely, I squeezed his bread cheek in my hand. "Copy that."

"Baby?"

"Hmm?" I answered.

"Does Jungkook take any medications?" Taehyung asked carefully.

I thought for a while, "I saw him taking pills sometimes, he said it's for headache, why?"

Taehyung rubbed his chin with his finger before lifting his eyes to mine again.

"Have you ever thought of the possibility of Jungkook suffering from mental illness?"

I hinted Jungkook is sick in Chapter 12 but it's probably too useless lol

💜