44

"dont tell taehyung this but we get letters from jackson and his friends, lots of threats. taehyung thought it eventually stopped but it did not" she whispered, wiping the tears that were rolling down her and her husbands cheeks.

"jackson is a dangerous man, it breaks my heart that someone as pure and sweet as taehyung was so badly hurt by someone. taehyung cried to me one day and said he will never date anyone again"

"I can see the good in you jungkook, i can also see the way you look at him and care for him. we trust you with him, it may take him time but he feels safe with you" jungkook felt his own eye sight get blurry, clearing his throat as he nodded.

"that was something I wanted to talk to you both about" jungkook said, clearing his throat. 

"I want to ask for your guys permission to ask taehyung out. we had bumped into jackson at the grocery store and it broke my heart when I saw how scared he was, he explained to me what happened in the past afterwards"

"jungkook you have both our permission to date our son. we can see you make him happy and make him feel safe and that is all we have ever wanted" mr kim said. 

"does jackson know your address?" the raven questioned

"yeah, our address, my work, phone numbers, he knows who we speak to" 

"we left seoul for that reason but he follows us, he is obsessed" 

"I am so worried about taehyung's safety, our own safety, hyun's safety" mr kim explained, wiping the tears from his cheeks and cleared his throat. 

"thank you for having this conversation with me" jungkook whispered, talking about a few more things afterwards before going back inside to leave the married couple to talk. by the time he stepped foot back inside, it felt cold. it was going from summer to winter quickly. he quickly grabbed a fluffy blanket from the cupboard and walked into the room to see taehyung laying on the bed, watching tv. 

"you took ages" taehyung smiled, looking towards jungkook who walked towards him and placed another blanket over him. 

"sorry tae, I will have a shower now and we can watch something on tv" the raven commented, making sure taehyung was tucked in before leaving to go have a shower. as soon as the hot water hit his back he let out a content sigh. he always felt when he was overwhelmed, upset or stressed having a hot shower calmed him down. 

it was taking him a little while to process what taehyung's parents had told him. it is scary stuff, in all honesty. jungkook does not think they truly realise how in danger they are. he got to learn more about how all this affected taehyung, sometimes he could not believe someone would hurt such a kind soul. 

all he has ever wanted to do since he met taehyung was protect him. it made jungkook wonder if taehyung still lived in the fear of jackson coming back to hurt him even more.