71

when they finally arrived back home they both got out the car fast, taehyung unbuckled the leash from the lab and opened the door and laughed as the dog excitedly got out. the brunette help bring all the stuff inside and placed everything in the lounge. 

"what should we name them?" jungkook asked, looking at the sleeping golden retriever in his arms. 

"how about quin for the puppy and nico for the lab?" taehyung asked, chuckling when the raven looked at him and frowned "that was awfully quick" 

"I know I was thinking about it on the way home" the brunette chuckled.

"well I like the names" the raven smiled, picking up quin to take him out the back to go toilet. 

taehyung quickly set up both of the bowls by the kitchen and went to his room to put nico's bed on the ground. the brunette assumed that maybe quin will sleep in jungkook's room with him until he is a little bigger. 

"is this your new room nico!" taehyung gasped as he opened the door, placing the dog bed in the corner of the room. "I should get a few toys in here so it feels welcoming" he said as he rushed back into the lounge, smiling when he turned to see nico still following him around.

by the time jungkook came back from being outside with quin, he walked into the room holding the puppy in his arms when he saw nico on the bed laying next to taehyung who looked as if he was about to fall asleep. the raven liked that nico was alert to who was walking inside, he just has to get him use to everyone including himself. 

taehyung chuckled when he noticed nico's attention go from jungkook to quin who was excited to get down. jungkook placed the golden retriever on the bed and smiled as the puppy went straight towards nico. 

"I think it is good for nico to be surrounded by another dog, someone like him. it should make him more comfortable" taehyung whispered, patting the side next to him for jungkook to sit. the raven did not need to be told twice and laid down beside him. 

wrapping his arms around taehyung's waist as they watched the two dogs play together. 

"how are you feeling?" jungkook asked, whispering against his boyfriends neck who hummed. 

"calm" the brunette whispered soon closing his eyes. 

'your protected now' jungkook thought as he kept kissing the back of taehyung's neck softly.

---

as hours went by they all ended up falling asleep on the bed, nico sleeping against taehyung. resting his head against the males leg while jungkook hand the brunette in his arms. quin fell asleep in between both males legs. when jungkook woke up he thought it was the cutest scene. 

now both quin and nico were in the lounge, playing with hyun and the kims while taehyung was still fast asleep. jungkook chuckled from the kitchen whenever he heard hyun giggle. it made jungkook really happy to see nico getting along with everyone, it was probably the most attention the poor dog has gotten ever. 

"tae still asleep?" mr kim asked as he walked into the kitchen to help jungkook cook dinner. 

"yeah, the doctors did say he would get sleepy now and then. I just want him to rest as much as he can" jungkook stated, placing the food on the kitchen bench. 

"how is hyun settling into daycare?" the raven asked, looking at mr kim who smiled. 

"a lot better, he loves it so much. has made a a lot of friends, he is sleeping better now. no more nightmares, he feels safer" that made jungkook happy, to hear that hyun felt safe and is in a better environment.

"I will go tell them dinner is ready, should I wake up tae?" jungkook shook his head, setting up the table. 

"I will put a plate aside for him" the raven smiled, going back to the kitchen to get taehyung a plate of food. 

"nico, quin!" jungkook yelled out a little, chuckling when he heard the scratching of paws against the ground. heading straight towards the kitchen. 

"it's dinner time" he gasped, as he gathered both the animals food. after placing the food in their bowls quin went straight towards it, digging in. jungkook patted nico's fur, noticing how the pup is unsure if he should eat. 

"come here baby" jungkook whispered, patting the bowl and smiled once nico started to dig in.