Chapter 37

Ophelia tuned out of most of Jessica Stanley's speech. 

It's not that it was bad, just that the anxiety she felt from knowing strangers were looking over her she couldn't really pay much attention. That and Jessica's speech didn't pertain much to her. 

Ophelia didn't know what she wanted to do with her life. The only things that matter to her are her family - that's her true passion. 

She loves waking up almost every morning beside Edward and having her morning cuddle with Kingsley. She loves stumbling down stairs and hugging her father before he goes to work. She loves when Bella holds her hand even though it sweats a lot and when Bella pretends not to like when she crawls in her bed sometimes just to feel close to her again. 

And that's all Ophelia wants. 

The graduation itself was very boring. The room felt stuffy and cramped, though that could just be her mind telling her that due to her feeling uncomfortable. Her hand was sweating profusely despite how tight she gripped onto Bella's. 

In the end when she and her sister walked up to get their diplomas, she tripped over her own feet, which then led to her accidentally tripping Bella. It made Alice cringe having to watch it play out in person after having to see it in her vision. 

But in the end, when Ophelia heard not only her father cheering them on but Carlisle and Esme, her heart couldn't help but swell knowing that she did something right. 

***

Back at the house Ophelia bounced with excitement as Charlie and Bella sat down skeptically. 

"Shouldn't I have gotten you a graduation present and not the other way around?" He asked. 

Ophelia shook her head, a big smile decorating her face. "Nope. And you both have to open it now so we can take pictures before dinner." 

To say that Bella and Charlie were surprised would be an understatement. When they both pulled out the crotchet sweaters, they glanced at each other with the same face. Both of them were unsure how to approach the situation. On the one hand, Charlie was incredibly proud and loving of his youngest daughter and on the other he had never worn a sweater like this ever

"Wow Opie. This is really just - wow. Thank you," he spoke slowly.

Ophelia beamed, reaching beside her and grabbing her own sweater and pulling it over her head clumsily. "Look! We all match! I even made a scarf for Kingsley." With that being said, the dog's head snapped over to look at his owner, happy to hear his name mentioned. 

Bella and Charlie put theirs on as well, just happy that Ophelia was happy. 

"Thank you Opie. We love it," Bella smiled. And so, just like Ophelia had planned, they all took a family photo before leaving to go out for dinner. 

On the way home Ophelia didn't hesitate to have Bella stop the truck just outside where she had given the homeless man her first ever creation. 

"Opie, it's freezing outside. What are you doing?" 

She ignored her, simply pulling the bag she had brought with her out from under her feet and carrying it. Walking over, the man recognized her instantly, the blanket wrapped tightly around his shoulders and umbrella placed above his head. 

"Hello again Mr. Stevens," she smiled happily, bending down and handing him the bag. "I brought you some dinner and a new sweater. It's not a coat or anything but it matches the blanket I gave you." 

"Oh Ophelia you didn't have to do that," the much older man, at least in his 60s, responded trying to hand it back. "It's too much." 

Ophelia placed her hand on top of his, pushing it back towards him. "It's just enough. There's a nice lady from the diner named Theresa that said she could drive you to this really nice home not far from here. I was gonna drive you but well," she giggled, "I'm blind and my boyfriend is still a little iffy about me talking to strangers. If you want me to wait and go with you I can." 

Mr. Stevens looked at her with teary eyes, surprised at how a stranger could hold so much empathy for him. "Thank you so much. It means the world to me." 

"I might even come visit you sometime," she smiled before quickly adding, "But don't tell Edward."

***

"You know Ophelia's gonna flip right?" Emmett cackled. 

Edward sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose as Rosalie and Jasper fought in the background. The sound of wind picking up in the trees mixed with the heavy breathing of the wolves that sat on the other side of them. 

"I know. I already have explaining to do since I wasn't there tonight." 

Even on nights when Ophelia chose to sleep in Bella's bed instead of with him, she always wanted a goodnight hug which would last a very long time. Something about 'soaking up his love energy' to get her through the night. Once the hug would be over, he'd seal it with a kiss to her forehead and sometimes her lips, neck or cheek if one of them were feeling particularly intimate that night. 

He'd only ever missed one night prior to now and she was very sad about it the next morning, having thought that the goodnight hugs meant a lot to him too. Which they do, but now that there's an army of vampires making their way to kill her he kinda has to put that on pause.

Once again, his brother laughed in amusement at him. "Dude you're so whipped."

 However, Emmett's laughter was quick to end when Rosalie glared at him from across the field. 

"What does that even mean?"

Just realized I've made this Eclipse part of the book way too long and I need to end it soon lol  Expect more updates of the important/ final Eclipse stuff soon. 

Sorry 

<3