Chapter 1

Ophelia had missed Forks. 

She had missed they way it always smelled of rain and fresh air as well as the greenery that surrounded the town. She missed the way the rain itself sounded as it fell against the earth, a tap against the window or a loud boom of thunder that shook the sky. It was magical.

But most of all she missed her father. Charlie Swan wasn't exactly an affectionate person, but when the youngest of his twin daughters threw her arms around his body in the airport, he couldn't help but melt in the slightest. 

She molded into him, taking in the scents that lingered on his coat. 

"I missed you Dad." 

"I missed you too kid." That was all that was said before Bella helped direct her sister to the police cruiser and they began a mostly silent journey home.

The Swan residence had remained the same no matter how many years the two girls had been away, although another addition had been made to the home a few days prior to their arrival. 

"Kingsley!"  Ophelia shouted in delight as her father opened the front door, the familiar sound of heavy paws hitting the ground until they reached her. Trying his best to remain calm despite his excitement, the guide dog sat at his owners feet waiting for further instruction. "Come here you big baby! I hope he was good, he usually gets restless being away from me. Did he travel okay?" 

The giant great dane laid across the small girl's lap, nuzzling her with his nose and receiving all the belly rubs and face scratches in return. Charlie huffed at the sight, making Bella stifle a laugh at his reaction. "He's s'alright. Eats more than I do that's for sure." 

His daughter paid no attention to his reaction, pretty much ignoring Bella as she tried to move her and her pony into the house and off the porch. "I left the layout the same," he spoke after helping maneuver her around the small home, ending the tour at her bedroom. 

Slowly, she felt around her room, feeling the texture of a new bedspread before making her way over to where her old art wall was, the place she had previously hung her old drawings and paintings. Reaching up, her hand brushed the edge of a piece of paper, too thick to be anything from a regular school notebook. Around the edges she could feel the sketchbook material, the top having been ripped out the way she had done it since childhood and the indents on the page told her it was one of her drawings she had done quickly, probably in the middle of the night with a thick writing utensil. All around, hung carefully up with clothespins on twine or placed on the cork board she felt more of them. 

"You kept them," she whispered quietly, more to herself than to the others in the room. 

"I had to put some in a book because I figured you'd want to add new ones, but I kept the ones up that I thought were your favorite." 

Right away, Ophelia asked Bella about the portrait from before they left and she handed it to their father, who looked at it with teary eyes, "It's amazing. Thank you," he coughed, trying to look away despite her not being able to see the emotions on his face. 

After dinner, she laid on her bed petting Kingsley anxiously as her sister knocked on her door. "You nervous too?" 

Ophelia nodded and she could feel the familiar weight shift on her bed as Bella crawled in next to her. "I just hate the feeling when they stare," she mumbled. 

It had always been clear that she was the softer twin. Her and Bella both shared the awkwardness and usual state of quiet, both clumsy but in different ways, and despite her ability to make jokes once comfortable, she was much more stuck in her head. Constantly feeling mentally drained or like an easy push over, allowing people to walk all over her. Eventually she became reliant on her sister for comfort, wanting to spend time with her instead of making actual friends. Only that made it worse because then Ophelia felt bad for making Bella take care of her when she could be doing more of her own things. 

And once again, sister Bella to the rescue. "Hey, don't worry about that. I'll be right next to you for most of the day. If your lucky I might even embarrass myself and take the attention off of you," she joked, letting the younger - by three minutes -  girl cuddle up to her side. 

"You have to promise you'll try to make friends and not babysit me the whole time. You know it makes me feel bad." 

"I'll pinky promise to talk to someone other than you and make at least one friend if you promise to do the same."

"Deal."

Just a reminder that this is not a Bella fanfic. It will have the main events take place but not exactly the same, as it will not be about Bella. Also if you hate Bella please put it aside because I'm gonna try to make her a loving and caring sister in this <3