Chapter 47

Ophelia was sitting outside on a lounge chair, one of the many flowy dresses Alice packed in her suitcase blowing slightly in the breeze.

She was no stranger to the fact that she was a sensitive being. Ophelia was well aware that her body was constantly filled to the brim with emotion, enough to fill others cups when needed.

There were many times when Ophelia had to stop and wonder whether the emotions she was feeling were her just being overly sensitive or if it was something that was genuinely hurtful.

To Edward, however, those parts about her that she was so self conscious about were his favorites. Watching her from the doorway, he didn't stress over the fact that he couldn't read her mind.

Ophelia could feel him approaching, her body immediately humming in excitement at her lover's presence.

"I'm sorry," Edward spoke quietly, crouching down beside her body and taking her hand. He brought it up to his lips and placed a soft kiss. "I didn't mean to hurt you the ways that I did."

She sighed, holding his hand tighter. "That's the thing - you didn't hurt me physically. I can't see the bruises or marks that you do, but even if I could I wouldn't have been angry with you. I was just hurt because you sounded like you regretted it."

Edward's other hand reached up to stroke her face lightly, "That's what you think? That I regret what we did?" She nodded, making him let out a dry laugh. "Last night was the best night of my entire existence. I couldn't have asked for anything better. I'm sorry I made you believe otherwise."

Ophelia bit her lip, and he had to gently lift her face back up so he could fully see her face.

"I know I get hurt a lot. I don't mean to ruin things like this."

If Edward was human his face would be bright red with frustration. "Let me tell you something, sweet girl. You never have to apologize or feel bad for your feelings with me. Your feelings are valid, and if you're upset about something I do or say please tell me so I can fix it. Please don't ever suppress that part of yourself from me."

Ophelia sniffled, her eyes filled with tears at her husband's words. "As long as you don't let last night stop the rest of our trip. Don't avoid touching me or stress over your strength. We're figuring it out, and I promise I can't even feel the marks you feel so guilty about."

"I think that can be arranged," Edward chuckled, kissing her forehead before leaning back with furrowed brows. "Are you ever gonna tell me how you got that crystal?"

Ophelia giggled.

"Nope."

Sorry for the short chapter 

<3