Chapter 11

"Careful with that thing! You might cut me doing that." 

"My jaw?" Edward questioned with a laugh, watching as Ophelia squirmed away giggly from his touch. 

"Yes! You can not tell me you don't realize how razor sharp your jawline is." 

Instead, he pulled her by the waist back into his arms and pushed his jaw into the crook of her neck and shoulder and wiggled his head, immediately eliciting loud laughs from Ophelia.

"You're gonna wake your dad if you keep laughing so loud." 

She simply rolled her eyes, "As if his concern would be my laughter if he barged into my room and saw you had been in here all night. He'd shoot a hole through you first then question me after." 

Edward shook his head, watching as Ophelia pushed back some fallen hair from her bedhead braid she had in since her shower the night prior. The strap to her tank top falling down slightly, catching his attention as even more skin was revealed, gulping as he started to feel flustered. She must have felt his gaze because her blush spread from her cheeks to her ears, before ending at her chest where her heart drummed rhythmically. 

"I'm gonna make coffee," she spoke up, starting to climb out of bed before Kingsley laid his body down on top of her lap in protest, giving Edward puppy dog eyes as if to help prevent her from moving. It wasn't uncommon that everyone in the Swan household tried to stop Ophelia from doing things that should be simple; such as making coffee, cooking, honestly everything that wasn't sleeping. 

The past few mornings Edward had to beg her to stop making the coffee and let him take over because watching her bump around things and trip over nothing made buttons he didn't know he had be pushed. They way she'd reach into a drawer without a care of what could possibly be in there to stab her or the way she took a drink of her coffee knowing  that it was too hot only to burn herself and repeat right after made his over a century old muscles tense. 

"It's okay. I'll do it." 

This particular morning Ophelia didn't protest. Laying back down she happily cuddled with Kingsley whose furry head she stroked until his loud snores rang out into the air, soon falling back asleep. 

Meanwhile at the Cullen residence Edward was running around the kitchen in a panicked fury. 

"MOM!" He shouted, still panicked. 

"What's wrong honey?" Esme asked in a worried tone. 

"I don't know how to work the machine. Can you please help me?" 

Esme giggled at her son's actions. After he had found out about how much Ophelia enjoyed her coffee, he asked Esme to take him shopping for an expensive coffee maker. She loved looking for it even though Edward had been a bit whiny and stressed about what would be best, ultimately resulting in machine that could make any type of coffee Ophelia could've asked for without him having to go somewhere and buy one. 

"Of course. Move over and I'll teach you."

15 minutes later and a nearly perfected coffee and spare in a travel cup for when Ophelia would more than likely want another, he stopped. "Cinnamon! She likes a small sprinkle of cinnamon on the top. It reminds her of fall." Once again Esme smiled, loving how much he remembered of what the girl talked about. 

"Come on love, you gotta get up now if you want to say goodbye to Charlie before he goes," Edward whispered, carefully shaking her until she mumbled gibberish into her pillow. 

A few tries and a whiff of coffee she finally groaned, sluggishly getting out of bed a stumbling her way out of the room and down the stairs to where her father was reading the newspaper at the table. 

"Good morning," she mumbled, coming over to lean her arms over his shoulders and hug him from behind his chair. 

"Mornin' Opie. Y'know you don't have to get up early to say goodbye right? I am an adult." Despite is words, Charlie Swan secretly loved that his youngest daughter would wake up to say goodbye and stay up to say hello. It almost felt as though she were still a little girl who would wait patiently to be tucked in at night; moments he wished he could have been able to share more of with both his girls. 

"I like to. I drew on the little note I put in your lunch Bella made for later. Hope you like it," Ophelia smiled. Every night when Bella would make a lunch to put in the fridge for Charlie the next day, Ophelia would sit at the table and doodle on a post it to put in her dad's lunch. Everyday it was something different, and she didn't know this but he kept them all, everyday coming home and putting them into a little book with the date up in the corner. 

"I'll meet you and your sister for dinner tonight, 6 o'clock." 

"Okay. Have a good day. I love you." 

"I love you too Opie. Say it to Bells for me too." 

Ophelia sat down in her fathers spot, still able to breathe in the small lingering scent he carries around. A small wind passed by and she knew it was just Edward. He set her coffee down in front of her and kissed her shoulder before wrapping his arm around her waist. Taking a drink of the coffee she let out a dangerous moan from the taste. 

"Oh my god!" 

Edward's other hand went into a tight fist, his eyes widening at the reaction as he needed to take a moment to compose himself. "What is it?"

"This coffee is so good. How the heck do you make it so much better than me? Nothing beats my coffee and you know I'm picky about getting it right." She asked accusingly, astonished at how delicious the coffee was. 

"It's a secret."

I'll update another chapter later today since this one was so short and plain. I do so many non important chapters sorry lol I just think they're cute. Juicy stuff will be soon cuz the first book is coming to an end then we will move on to New Moon 

<3