Chapter 10

Ophelia was hunched over the side of the road dry heaving. The anxiety twisted and turned the insides of her stomach viciously like harsh waves to a sandy beach, relentless in its anger. 

"Please tell me what I can do." Edward pleaded from his place beside her. 

"I'll be fine. Can you please call Bella?" Ophelia was breathless, clammy skin now covered in a thin sheet of sweat despite the foggy Forks weather, and one of her hands attempting to steady herself while the other held her cramping stomach. 

"Opie what's wrong?" Bella's voices asked from the phone. 

"I did it again Bells," Ophelia whispered, eyes filling with tears. 

Edward tried hard not to invade the girl's privacy but found it hard when all he wanted to do was take away whatever was harming her. 

"Oh Opie, it's okay. You're okay. I can come pick you up in 5 minutes and I'll even stay on the phone with you the whole time. Just keep talking okay?" 

5 minutes. That monstrous tank takes 10 just to start, Edward thought to himself.

"No Bella I can't. I'm going to meet Edward's fam-" Before Ophelia could finish getting the sentence out both her sister and Edward were protesting. 

"Is he the one that made this happen because I swear to you I'll have Charlie-" 

"No, I want to. I don't know why I got like this again, I'm just - I don't know I guess I got in my head again and usually you're with me for stuff like this. I'm sorry, never mind. See you later." 

Another few minutes past before they were once again on the road headed towards the Cullen household. "You really don't have to do this. My family can be a little much and I don't wanna -"

Ophelia grabbed Edward's hand. "Its okay. I just get anxious sometimes and it makes me sick. Bella and Kingsley are kind of the only things that help calm me down, but that's just because I'm so attached to them. I know they won't leave." 

"I won't leave." 

The Cullen home was busy; Esme and Carlisle were trying to cook dinner and babysit Emmett who was adamant that he touch and taste everything, Rosalie was sulking and Alice and Jasper went out to feed just after her vision came in for the surprise visit. 

Edward was already cringing at his family before he could even get Ophelia through the door. 

"Ophelia this is my family. My father Carlisle, my mother Esme, Emmett, Rosalie, Alice, and Jasper." 

"It's so nice to finally meet you," Esme smiled widely. "We made Italian, I hope that's okay." 

"She isn't hungry." Edward responded. Ophelia wanted to argue and be angry with him but with the churning in her stomach at the thought of food she couldn't help be a little bit grateful that she didn't have to eat anything. 

"Thank you for the gesture. I'd love to take it home. It'll save Bella from cooking and Charlie will appreciate it," she smiled. 

"You don't know how long I've waited to talk to you. Edward has just been so stingy and forbid any of us from speaking to you until now. I'm just glad you two are finally together. I thought I was gonna have to kidnap you myself and lock you two in a room together." Alice rambled. Her fairy like voice was going so fast that Ophelia could barely pick it up before the vampire had pulled her into a hug. "Wow you do smell good." 

"Alice!" Edward seethed. 

"See, so stingy." Alice laughed, moving back to Jasper's side. "Don't worry Jas, you won't hurt her." 

Edward closed his eyes, mentally begging for the horror to stop as the small girl at his side spoke up. "I know he won't," her smile never wavering and her eyes holding a trust that made Jasper squirm, not used to someone other than Alice believing in him completely. "Oh I almost forgot! I made these." 

Ophelia reached into her bag, pulling out two small flower crowns she had braided together anxiously in the car. Carefully, she walked towards Alice who took it happily, immediately putting it on and praising the "boho chic" of it, and then holding out the other for Rosalie, whose eyes once again softened at the pureness of the human girl. Trying quickly to shield her thoughts from her prying brother before he got the wrong idea, she took the crown and mumbled a quiet thanks. 

Lastly she pulled out the painting she made of the field, who she then handed it to Esme. "Edward said you loved art and design. I don't know how good his eye is for paintings but he said you would like this." 

Esme felt as though her heart could beat again as she looked from the beautiful gift to her son who was gazing at Ophelia with such tenderness and love; a love she hoped for many years that he would be able to experience. Sharing a glance with Carlisle, she praised the girl's painting once more before Edward led her away upstairs. 

"She's perfect for him. Just look how happy he is Carlisle!" 

"Surely you know this can only end one of two ways," he responded, pulling his wife close as the rest of their children filtered out of the house to go do their own things. 

"As his mother I can hope that he makes the right decision and allows himself to have something good. They deserve it." 

***

"There is no way you composed this! How long did it take you?" 

Edward thought for a moment, often times the days all jumbled together since vampires didn't have sleep to separate night from day, leaving everything to be just one long day. 

"A few minutes I suppose. It only took one note and then the rest pretty much falls out into place." 

Ophelia through her head back in a giggle of disbelief. They were sat on the bench of his piano, talking as he played all of his family's favorites, explaining memories behind each of them before he worked up the courage to play her the composition he wrote for her. 

"Does it have a name?" 

He stuttered,  unsure of how to approach the situation. "Well I uh - I wrote it for you ... Sorta. So I guess it's 'Ophelia'." 

He watched as her cheeks color variegated, the different shades ranging from pink to red and back again, her heart now beating faster as his hand brushed a piece of hair away from her face. 

"You know for a brooding guy who ignores all the girls that flock around him, you sure do know how to make one feel special." She joked. 

"Because you are special to me." 

I hope y'all don't think this is moving too fast. 

I am pushing all the books into this and I never know when the right amount is because some people don't like waiting too long and some don't like it too fast lol 

But I hope you liked the chapter. Posting more soon <3