Chapter 23

Ophelia wiggled her toes in the damp sand. 

Earlier in the day she decided to go with Charlie over to the Black's, hoping to give her poor father a break from worrying about her. She giggled, feeling the sand squish under her feet and remembered all the times her and Bella would play around when they were younger. 

"Jesus, Opie! You must be freezing. What are you doing?" Jacob called out as soon as he stepped out his front door. He was on his way to meet Bella at the movies when he saw the girl standing there. 

Quickly shrugging off his heavy coat, he ran over and draped it over her shoulders, moving her back over to the porch. "No fun," Ophelia mumbled under her breath. 

"You know Bella would kill me if she knew I let you freeze your toes off." 

Ophelia tried to hide her giggles as she held up her foot and spread her toes. "Can you do this?" 

Jake snickered at his friend's peculiar personality. "Yeah, I can."

"Bella can't. Don't ask her to try because she makes this really weird grunting noise and I can bet she has a constipated look on her face when she concentrates too hard. We joke about it a lot." 

After sharing more laughter they stood there in silence for a few moments, him rubbing his hands up and down her arms in an attempt to keep her warm. 

"Thanks for what you're doing. Bells has always been a protective person over me; always mothering me and worrying over my well-being. You balance her out and remind her what fun is like outside of being around me."

He thought for a minute, thinking about how much Bella had opened up since they started hanging out again. Giving Ophelia a kiss on top of the head, he said his goodbyes and left for the movies. 

***

Ophelia was sleeping, cuddled up with Kingsley when her sister came barging through her door. 

"That little punk," she growled in frustration, to which Kingsley growled back at the intrusion. "He basically confesses his feelings for me, and I of course, stutter out mine back and he just up and leaves after trying to get in a fist fight with Mike Newton of all people. I mean, the boy wouldn't even be able to give Jake a proper high five without holding his hand in pain." 

Ophelia craned her neck up, eyes still closed and half asleep. "Mike Newton went with you guys?" She mumbled, crinkling her nose in distaste before shaking her head clear of that thought. "Come sleep. Come cuddle."

Bella sighed, hands running down her face dramatically before kicking off her shoes and complying. 

No one could say no to Ophelia's cuddles. 

"He's probably going through some weird guy puberty. He'll be back for you in no time," Ophelia spoke against her sister's shoulder. 

"Opie?"

"Yeah Bells?'

"I love you."

Just a short cute chapter before stuff gets... interesting. New Moon is gonna be ending soon since I didn't plan to make it very long. I think it's also just because I'm excited for the parts I really wanna write lol Sorry to those of you who like it. 

Also don't worry about the head kiss with Jacob. He meant it in a brotherly way, because lets face it, it's hard not to love Opie. 

<3