Chapter 28

Edward stood in the middle of the feminine hygiene aisle very lost. 

What made it worse was that only a few feet over was Charlie Swan. 

"Shouldn't you be in school?" the older man asked in a gruff voice, still dressed in his uniform. 

"I'm here to get my sister's stuff," Edward responded smoothly, carefully moving his basket to the other hand so Charlie couldn't see all the stuff that could possibly link him to Ophelia. 

Charlie just nodded, looking back at the displays. He seemed just as lost as Edward. 

"I'm uh, here for Opie. She usually needs this stuff around this time of the month. Bella normally gets it for me," Charlie spoke again, coughing in the awkward silence. 

Edward nodded, pretending to understand. In truth, Ophelia never let him around him when she was on her period before he had left. She always said she didn't want to make him uncomfortable with any of the smells or mood swings. Though, he never listened, always waiting until she fell asleep to check on her. 

He had explained to her before he left that the smell doesn't make him thirsty. The blood exiting her body isn't exactly associated with the kind vampires like. The dead cells and strong iron smell simply remind them of what it's like to drink from an already dead animal or human, which vampires don't usually like to do. And the smells were normal, he was used to it by every other girl in school. 

Edward watched as Charlie went to reach for some tampons and cut him off, reaching under him for the pads Bella told him to get for Ophelia. 

"Opie doesn't like tampons. They freak her out so she's never used them," Bella had said. 

She was very specific on the kind of products her sister needed. Overnight pads because they're longer and hold more, ensuring that there was less of a chance of her staining anything. Never thick pads, always thin, and always with wings. Whatever that means. Edward hadn't been around stuff like this in a long time. And they were far different from back when he was human. 

"You should get these. It's the kind my sisters prefer," Edward suggested, hoping Charlie would just agree and take them. 

Charlie looked at the package and back at Edward, thinking about putting it back just to rub it in his nose, but decided against it. 

"Alright. Well, see ya Edmund." 

"Bye Chief Swan." 

A short one because I had to put this moment in lol. It would be so funny if we could actually see this scene.