Chapter 30

"Why do you have to be so stubborn?"

"Why do you have to be so suspicious?" 

Edward held the bridge of his nose tightly between his thumb and pointer finger, feeling his stress levels rise tremendously as Ophelia sat petulantly in front of him. 

"I'm not being suspicious. All I'm asking is that you go with Bella to visit your mother." 

Ophelia shook her head defiantly. "That is suspicious. I know you don't like my mother because of all the stories I've told you. I also know that you would never want me to go visit her when you know it would upset me." 

He sighed, giving up. Edward knew there was no way he could get Ophelia to go on that plane with her sister the next day. She hated Florida, she hated leaving Forks and her father, as well as just the general hate of being around her mother. 

She bit her lip, carefully moving to stand up and make her way over to Edward so she could stand between his legs. Her small stature left her still shorter than him despite him sitting down. 

Ophelia was cautious with her movements, not wanting to go too far and make him move away. Wrapping her arms around his shoulders she leaned in for a short kiss as his hands made their way up and under the bottom of his t-shirt - one of the very few he owned - to softly kneed the the skin of her waist. His touch made her body buzz in delight and she leaned in closer to his chest, lips once again close to his but far enough away for them to just barely brush against each other. 

"I really don't wanna go," she whispered.

Edward was quickly brought out of his daze when she whispered those quiet words against his mouth, his face turning into a small smirk at the realization. "Ophelia Swan, are you trying to seduce me?" 

Ophelia tried to hide her deflation at being caught. "I would say I'm trying to nudge you, a gentle persuasion if you will." 

He chuckled, hands trailing down to grab her hips and pull her back towards him. He placed a soft, open mouthed kisses onto the side of her neck before nipping at the tender skin. It made her knees buckle and his grip tighten on her body before he pulled back, placing another kiss to the spot and looking at her face. Her tiny hands fisted the collar of his shirt and her breathing was more sporadic from his actions. 

"And here I thought you wanted to wait," Ophelia mumbled. 

Edward's head tilted back in laughter before he kissed her forehead. "I do. Which is why we will be returning back to the important conversation." 

She sighed, reaching up to play with the hair on the nape of his neck. 

"Please be honest with me. I know there's a reason you want me to leave town." Ophelia paused for a moment, biting her lip deep in thought. 

"What are you thinking baby?" Edward's brows furrowed, not liking her sudden sadness, and reached up to pull her bottom lip out from between her teeth with his thumb. 

"It's just -" she stopped again before shaking her head, "It's not 'cause you wanna leave again right?" Ophelia's eyes started to get watery and she felt embarrassed at how easily she could cry all the time. 

His eyes widened at her question, feeling his frozen heart break knowing that she was worried about that. 

"Oh no. No no no, I promise you. It's so far from that my love." He cuddled her into his lap, cradling her close to his chest as Ophelia's shoulders shook from silent tears. "Alice had a vision and we just wanted to ensure everyone's safety. We thought it'd be easier if you took the weekend to visit your mom. I'm so sorry you thought that was what this was about." 

"You could have just told me. Dad and I have been wanting to take a fishing trip for awhile. We wanted to do it before it got too cold again." 

"That sounds perfect. I promise you that I will be here anxiously waiting when you get back." 

All of a sudden Ophelia sat up quickly, very alert. She sniffled once, "What about my plants?" 

***

Emmett and Jasper stood in the middle of Ophelia's room, struggling to pay attention as she went over her long list of requirements to take care of her plants. 

"This one is Steve. He's very temperamental so you have to give his water through the spray bottle and not the one for pouring." 

It wasn't until her final rule that Emmett bent over in boyish laughter, cracking up in a thunderous roar that only made Ophelia glare angrily in his direction. 

"I-I'm sorry. Did you just say we have to talk to them?"      

"Yes," she growled out. "You have to talk to your plants."

He chortled again, "No you don't. They're plants."

Ophelia was growing more and more impatient at his joking manner. Her plants were very important to her. 

"Have you ever owned a plant?"

"Well yeah." 

"Did any of them die?" 

Emmett thought for a moment, his giggles dying down. "Y-yeah." 

"Well did you talk to them at all?" 

The looming silence afterwards left Jasper grinning in his brother's direction, loving the way Emmett grew confused. 

He still had no idea what talking to plants had to do with their survival. 

Y'all I might just mess around and make a Draco Malfoy fanfic lol

I already planned to for the sequel to Desecrate but I don't wanna wait until it's done to move on to my manz Draco