Chapter 15

Ophelia felt as though her heart was beating outside of her chest. Ripping through the air like a sharp sword during a medieval battle. It only made her feel worse for the two vampires sat in the same hotel room as her who could probably hear it, and also the poor empath who had to feel her emotions as well. 

"Jasper please let me leave the room. I don't want to impose on you even more." 

He simply looked at the girl, his eyes softening. Someone other than his mate or Edward, who was mostly forced to endure his so called gift, was looking out for his well being. "It's alright. Besides, there are other ways for me to handle your emotions that don't include you leaving," he chuckled. 

Ophelia sighed, leaning back into Bella's arms who accepted gratefully, hugging her younger sister close. She began nodding off, wishing that everything would end quickly and it could go back to normal; that she could return home to Forks and apologize to her father, that she could move past this with Edward as well. But deep down she knew things would be a little different. 

A few hours later, as Bella was still confined under her sister's small body and being forced to watch some reality show with Alice, Ophelia woke up. She immediately started reaching, desperately grabbing at the air for an unknown object. 

"What is it Opie? Tell me what you need," Bella said in a calm voice, though Alice and Jasper exchanged worried glances. 

"Paper." 

Jasper was quick to rush to the desk where he grabbed the pad of paper and pen, giving it to the frazzled girl. 

They all watched, impatient to find out what was so necessary to be drawn out. 

"Don't bother talking to her. She's zoned out." Bella commented when the vampire couple sat waiting for a response. "She gets like this sometimes in stressful or anxious nights and needs to express it somehow, usually by painting or drawing. Her best work comes in the middle of the night." 

"It's all night to me Bella," Ophelia snorted from beside her, wiping her hands of ink that had been spilled from the pen.

They all gathered around to look at her newest creation; a perfect sketch of the person they were hiding from. 

"James," Alice exhaled. 

Ophelia tilted her head, humming in thought. "Huh, I thought his name was Jerkface Buttnugget. I guess James works too." A small and unintentional pout played at her lips making the other 3 burst into laughter. 

"You are too bright for this world darlin'." Jasper laughed.

***

It wasn't long before Alice and Jasper announced that they would be needing to move once again, having been informed by a sudden vision followed by a phone call that James had changed his course. 

"I'm just saying that if he wants both Bella and me that if you took us to two, separate and far locations with protection, it would make his job harder. Both of us being in the same place makes it easier for him and we're essentially just sitting ducks." Ophelia argued. 

"Edward would kill us if we did that. We're sticking to the plan for now." 

She sighed, leaning back onto the couch as she waited for them to go downstairs and cancel everything at the hotel. Bella laid in the other room, snoring and mumbling to herself on the bed comfortably.