Chapter 12

Ophelia and Edward's first argument as a couple was over how she was getting to school. 

Edward was adamant that he be allowed to drive her to and from school. Ophelia refused, saying that she wouldn't force Bella to decide between third wheeling or driving alone every day.  She was determined not to leave her sister behind just because she now had Edward. His only real defense was that he only left in the mornings to go change for school and make coffee. 

Ophelia was not letting up. 

Eventually the two came to the conclusion that Ophelia could choose who she would ride with in the mornings and if it made the most sense she would choose the other to take her home. On this particular morning, the morning that Ophelia and Edward would be officially going to school as a couple, she decided to ride with her sister. 

"You're getting anxious aren't you?" Bella asked from the drivers side. 

Ophelia nodded, feeling the waves of nausea sweep over her quickly and her body become clammy. 

"Opie if you're feeling sick we can ditch. Go pick up your dog and do something fun to help calm you down. You don't have to do this today." Bella's words felt like tar coming out of her mouth. She knew it wouldn't be a good idea the two ditch, especially in such a small town and their father being the chief of police. Yet she was still more concerned by Ophelia's well being first. 

"It's okay Bells. I know you want me to push through it," Ophelia said quietly. 

Bella's head snapped over fast, looking at her sister's face. "You know I always want the best for you. But I would never push you to do something you don't feel ready for. I know you have good and bad days with it and if you think today is gonna be a bad one then I support you. Please don't let it convince you that it burdens me in any way to help you. I love you and I want  to do it Opie."

Bella was right. In Ophelia's head angry and false voices were shouting at her that her sister was angry, that she didn't want to put up with her stupid feelings and that Edward would be annoyed when she got to school because she didn't feel well. 

The thoughts were always loud, telling her that the nausea she got from the anxiety was going to make her physically sick in public again, which only made her feel worse. 

Listening to her sister's words was like a soothing touch. Something her mother never really gave. It calmed Ophelia down in the slightest, enough to give her the tiniest bit of strength she needed to take on the day. 

Arriving to school she reached towards Bella who immediately knew what she wanted. Wrapping her bigger hand around Ophelia's she watched her sister's shoulders relaxed more as she tried to take steadying breaths, trying hard not to get worked up and cry over the taunting bully inside her head.  

Edward was quick to get out of his Volvo once the roaring dinosaur parked in its place at the school only to be stopped by Alice, who had appeared out of nowhere and placed her hand on his shoulder. 

"Give her a moment." 

What seemed like forever was only a minute before she squeezed Bella's hand, who helped her out the door of the truck. In a second Edward was at her other side, placing a cold hand to her forehead. 

"You're hot. Are you sick? You looked fine when I left this morning." Edward asked nervously, already fearing the worst. 

Ophelia shook her head and smiled up at him, for some reason already calming down at his presence. She let go of Bella, who she mumbled a 'thank you' and 'see you later' to and wrapped both arms around Edward's waist, standing up on her tippy toes in an attempt to reach his shoulder but only coming up to his chest which she pushed her face into. Breathing in deeply she took in his smell that brought a warmth to her heart and soul even though his cold exterior sent a shiver down her spine.