Chapter 53

Ophelia remained in bed for the following week. 

Bella and Edward had tried their best to console the poor girl, but even so the stinging pain that was her family slowly disappearing from around her remained. Bella hadn't been allowed to leave the house, Ophelia practically begging and crying anytime she tried in fear that her sister would also evaporate into thin air just like the others. 

Days and turned to nights, until finally a week had passed since Charlie Swan's disappearance. Edward had been working tirelessly, even with the wolves, in search of the man. And still, nothing. Just as his siblings had it was as though they had fell off the face of the planet. No tracks could be found or anything as such linking the man to anything that could lead them to his presence. 

"Opie, it's going to be okay," Bella tried to reassure her sister to no avail. 

"Maybe we should have came back sooner," Ophelia mumbled into her twin's shoulder. 

"Absolutely not," Bella argued. "Do not let all of this stress take away from the beautiful wedding and honeymoon you had. You and Edward deserved to have a good time, stress free. You two coming back when you did doesn't change anything." 

Ophelia shrugged, petting Kingsley's soft head in an attempt to look for comfort. The lull of a baseball game echoed softly in the background, coming out of the dusty little radio Edward had placed on the nightstand that first day. The cheers of the crowd helped to soothe her slightly, though it wasn't until Edward's cold touch she felt her body relax enough to be pulled from her head. 

His cold fingers stroked the skin of her cheek gently, his near black eyes staring intently at his wife's face as thoughts of how he could possibly fix everything ran one hundred miles per hour in his head. 

"You haven't eaten," Ophelia spoke up, her own tiny hand reaching up to rub the skin around his eyes. 

"I haven't wanted to leave you. There's still so much to do. Carlisle is thinking of going to Denali to ask in person if they've seen or heard anything strange." 

Ophelia reached up, tugging her stressed husband down onto the bed with her and curling up to his side, Bella taking that as her cue to go downstairs and find some lunch. "You still have to eat. I don't want you getting sick on my account." 

Her words made Edward smile. Even in the worst of times, all Ophelia thought about was others. The angel wrapped in his arms was anything but selfish, even if she thought otherwise. 

"I'll make you a deal. I'll go hunt if you eat the sandwich Bella is making for you downstairs."

Ophelia nodded quickly, just for Edward to stop her once again, "At the table too, not in bed. And no coffee." 

The last bit of the deal made Ophelia's lip jut out in a small pout, groaning dramatically before agreeing to do so. The two got out of bed carefully, Edward already making his way to the hallway to inform the Emmett to get ready, when Ophelia knocked over the radio.

A small gasp fell from the girl's lips, tears threatening to spill as she feared that she had broken it. But no, the only thing to fall off was a small plastic piece that had been hidden along the bottom and a small paper note.

A small paper note that had been left behind for a certain Swan to find. 

Super short but I haven't updated in awhile sorry <3