Chapter 29

Ophelia sketched at an alarming rate, sat on the floor leaning against the bed Edward recently put in his room. 

She was almost in a trance-like daze, as most of her art sessions are. Her body moved like the ocean waves, back and forth with each stroke of the charcoal in her hand, but it was her rapid heartbeat that made Edward come in. 

Her hand didn't stop when he opened the door. He honestly didn't think she noticed his presence at all, which was concerning because she always felt it. 

"Are you alright?" Edward questioned, by her side quickly. 

Ophelia still wasn't paying attention to him, her speedy hand moving across the canvas until he reached over to grab it, silently begging for her to stop. "Come back to me love," he whispered, pulling her tiny hand up to his lips and pressing a soft kiss to her knuckles.

It stopped all at once. Ophelia blinked before her head moving over to where Edward was seated beside her. 

"Hi handsome," she smiled, unaware of the worry she had just put the vampire beside her through. 

When Edward didn't respond at first her head tilted to the side. "So tense," Ophelia murmured, her thumb stroking his hand that still held hers. 

"I was worried. You were gone again."

"Again?" She questioned. Ophelia's brows furrowed. "How strange." 

Ophelia normally drifted off when drawing or painting. On rare occasions she would act as she just did; unaware of her surroundings and what was being created. Usually driven by emotion or something strong. It was also when she made some of her best pieces. 

It was then that Edward actually took a look at what had caused her to go so far away. Another portrait, but not of anyone he had ever seen before. 

A boy - a man really - with such angry eyes and aggressive features. 

"Who is this?" He asked. 

Ophelia shook her head, "You know I can't always remember." 

"A man, maybe a little older than you. I've never seen you draw him before. He must not be from Forks." 

Edward watched as the girl he loved so dearly closed off. Her hand pulled away from his and went to her lap where it fidgeted with the other and he the thumping of her heart increased once again. 

"Weird." 

That was all that she said before shoving the canvas harshly into her art bag, another thing she would never normally do. Ophelia was always delicate when handling her finished artwork, never wanting to ruin it before she could show it to Bella. 

Later than evening Edward watched as she simply acted as if nothing had happened back in his room. Returning back to the Swan household and hiding him up in her room as she laid on the bed cuddling with Kingsley. 

"When do you Bella will speak to Jake again?" 

His grip tightened on the sheets, teeth clenched tightly hearing that name come out of Ophelia's mouth. 

"Hopefully never." 

She slowly inhaled, trying not to get upset. "It wasn't his fault." 

"He hurt you. You almost died. Don't you know how close he was to tearing into an artery and you bleeding to death?" 

"Yes Edward. It will always be engraved into my body." She bit back. "But at least I can't see them." 

He watched as she got up and left the room, Kingsley glaring at him for making her leave before the dog also followed. A few moments later he listened as the shower turned on across the hall, signalling that Edward wouldn't be getting another word in until she got out.