Chapter 51: Celadon City

*Leaf POV*

I stood on the stone pathway in front of the massive building, looking up at the building that stood above me. The old sign that was placed near the front door was taunting me.

'Celadon City Gym

Gym Leader: Erika'

"Why...why did I have to come back?" I sighed into my hand.

"B-bulba?"

"I know, I know," I said, patting him lightly on the head, "I'm just getting ready for the smug face she's gonna give when she hears about this."

"Oh a boy hmm," I said mimicking a posh voice, "If only someone had warned you about this when you left...Give me a break."

I rubbed my face, solidifying my resolve, "Alright, the sooner I get in there, the sooner it's done."

*Y/n POV*

Grady and I stepped out of the pokemon center, Haunter floating over my shoulder and Grady keeping watch on him out of the corner of his eye.

"Alright," I said, stretching my arms, "Where do you think Leaf would go?"

"I'm not sure," Grady said, looking over the buildings we could see, "Most populous city in Kanto. She could be at the Game corner, Celadon Department Store, she might even be at the condominiums."

"Well with how many people there are in town... it's only gonna take us eight or nine days to check everywhere."

"WELL HOWDY THERE!"

"ARCEUS DAMMIT BILL!" I shouted, coming down from my eight foot jump into the air, "STOP SNEAKING UP ON ME!"

Bill covered his mouth as he chuckled, my Haunter mirroring his actions, "Mah apologies."

"You don't mean that."

"You're darn tootin'," Bill responded, "And it won't be the last time either. Anyway, I have a friend here who needed my assistance with a diggy he got 'imself in. An' I just happened to see my two buddies hanging out needing some direction."

"Thanks Bill," Grady said, "But unless you know where Leaf is, I don't see how much you can really help us."

"Well shoot pardner, why didn't you say so?"

"You know where she is?"

"Nyope," He drawled, ignoring my glare, "Buuuut, I do have an empty coin case that I an't using no more. I figure if I give it to ya you'll find the way on you're own."

He through the case into the air and I caught it, opening it up and finding a few arcade token coins inside.

"I guess it's time I be a-goin'," He said, waving over his shoulder, "See y'all later!"

 "Well," I said, wiping the dirt off my clothes, "At least he didn't bring that weird Clefable-AH!"

I came face to face with an unblocking pink face, before the Clefable ran to catch up with Bill. When my heart rate had returned to normal levels, I turned to face Grady and my chuckling Haunter.

"You ghostly traitor," I growled, "Why don't you come over here I give you something to chuckle at!"

"Alright, settle down there," Grady said, grabbing my shoulders and holding me back, "Why don't we go to the Game Corner? A few games to cool you down should do the trick."

"Fine," I growled, "But this isn't finished!"

[Timeskip]

*Third Person POV*

Y/n and Grady walked through the doors of the Game Corner, immediately being accosted by bright lights and loud sounds. Roulettes spun and dice were thrown, as they got used to their surroundings.

"I guess I'm just a small town guy," Y/n remarked, "But this place is loud."

"Oh come on!" Grady urged, "Let's see what kind of prizes they got."

They walked up to the prize counter, where they saw all kinds of useful prizes for a traveling trainer. TMs, items, even pokeballs.

"Interested in anything, boys?" An excited female employee asked.

"Uh yeah," Y/n said dumbly, "Isn't that just a regular pokeball?"

"Hihihihi," The clerk giggled, "Of course not."

She grabbed the pokeball from the glass case, popping it open.

"See for yourself."

"Dra-tini!"

"Woah..."

Y/n and Grady's jaws dropped in unison.

"Dratini is super rare, isn't it?"

"Of course!" The clerk replied, "Only the best for our winners."

"I think that's illegal," Grady whispered into Y/n's ear, "Come on, we need to find Leaf."

Y/n was staring unblinking at the pokeball, even as the clerk put it away in its glass case.

"I've gotta win."