Chapter 15: Y/n Vs Team Rocket

Hey everybody, it's your friendly neighborhood Author Man!

Kept ya waiting, huh?

Also, I've decided to start a Mon-Wed-Fri schedule. This story will come out on Mondays, the KH Story on Wednesdays, and the King Story on Fridays.

Thanks for you patience while I wrote my Christmas Special.

See ya in another life Brotha!

.

.

.

*Third Person POV*

The Team Rocket Grunts pulled out pokeballs and threw them forward, releasing a Koffing and a Grimer. 

Togepi and Nidoran leapt into battle, charging towards their new opponents.

"Grimer, use Sludge!"

A ball of poisonous sludge shot out of the gooey Pokemon's mouth, flying towards Togepi. Before it could reach it's target, Nidoran ran in and grabbed Togepi, pulling him out of the way.

"Alright!" Y/n cheered, "Togepi, hit it with Extrasensory!"

A pink aura surrounded the Koffing, as it was thrown into the Grimer. It got stuck in it's gooey liquid body, as Nidoran lunged in and sent two kicks towards each of the opposing Pokemon.

This caused the two Pokemon to fall backwards slightly, rolling up into a gooey and gassy ball. They struck the wall and fell apart, looking towards Y/n with angered faces. The two Team Rocket Grunts pointed towards their opponents, calling out their commands.

"Koffing, use Clear Smog!"

"Grimer, hit it with Poison Jab!"

The Koffing began to pump a white cloud out of it's body, pushing them out towards both of its opponents. Togepi and Nidoran were caught in the smog, coughing and wheezing through the smog. Nidoran couldn't get out of the way fast enough, as the Grimer charged towards him and slammed its fists into him.

"Nidoran!" He cried, as he was sent flying.

"Nidoran, no!" Y/n called, "Togepi, use Extrasensory again!"

Togepi used Extrasensory on the Grimer, throwing it into the wall and knocking it out. Y/n rushed over and knelt down next to the Nidoran, lifting it in his arms.

"You okay?"

"N-nido..."

"It's okay," Y/n assured, "We're gonna get you help buddy."

"Damn it!" The Grimer's trainer yelled, "He defeated me!"

"Don't worry brother," The other grunt yelled, "I'll avenge you! Koffing, use Self-Destruct!"

Team Rocket Grunt Jennifer, who was in charge of the other grunts, looked towards the Koffing's trainer with wide eyes. She held her Sandshrew in her arms as she screamed at her underling.

"No you idiot! We're in a cave!"

It was too late, as the Koffing began to glow. The glow then turned into an explosion, as the cave around them began to shake.

"Oh crap!" Y/n yelled, grabbing the Nidoran and Togepi, "We gotta get outta here!"

The cave around them began to shake and crumble, as Y/n, Togepi, Nidoran, and the fossil guy charged down one of the caverns. The explosion seemed to follow them, swallowing up the cave path behind them as they sprinted towards the end.

"I can see light!" The fossil guys said, holding each of the fossils under his arms.

"Keep running!"

The explosion seemed to speed up, as they ran towards the exit. Y/n grabbed onto Togepi and Nidoran, throwing them out of the cave and sprinting towards the exit with a renewed vigor. The fossil guy clung to his fossils, only a few steps behind Y/n as the light of escape got brighter and brighter.

The explosion also caught up with them, and Y/n felt it lifting him off the ground and throwing him head over heels tumbling into the grass outside. He landed against a tree, his jacket torn and singed, his hat burned to a crisp. He had a few bruises and cuts, as well as some new scars, but he was mostly unharmed.

The fossil guy was much the same, not even noticing any pain as he immediately rushed to check on his precious fossils.

Togepi and Nidoran ran up to Y/n, Togepi jumping and nuzzling into Y/n's chest, as Y/n weakly wrapped his arms around him. Nidoran weakly nudged his side, making himself comfortable as Y/n slowly rubbed his fingers against his ears.

"Well," Y/n coughed, "I don't think we'll be seeing them any time soon."

That was the last thing Y/n was able to say, as he slumped over on his side and his vision went black.