Chapter 31: Y/n Meets the New Team Rocket

*Third Person POV*

"Just get your jobs done," The female voice crackled through the radio, "Rocket 1, over and out."

"Once this is done, we gotta talk to the boss about the way she addresses us."

"Oh please, if those two idiots hadn't a screwed and blew up Mount Moon, we'd all be rich right now. Let's just be glad we're still employed."

"Why do we even want this egg Pokemon anyway?"

"It's apparently very powerful and very, VERY rare."

"How rare?"

"The Pokemon Wildlife Protection Agency has a program specifically for Togepi's," The first grunt explained, "So rare, no one even knows which region they're from."

"Holy crap!" The second grunt exclaimed, "What does the boss plan on doing with it? Sell it?"

"Nah, that'd be a waste. No amount of money would be worth losing such a powerful Pokemon. The Boss'll turn it into an awesome weapon, and use it to make us more money than any of our old businesses."

"Then Giovanni will come back?"

"Heh, if we play our cards right, we could become even more powerful than the original Team Rocket. Then... nothing can stop us."

"What's the hold-up retards!? Get to work!"

"R-rodger that!" Both stumbled out, "We're moving in!"

The two grunts stalked up to the house, careful not to be seen as they came up to a window opposite the direction the group inside were facing. They were lucky, as the group inside were all hard at work on some part of the machine.

Scanning the inside, the first grunt noticed Y/n's bag sitting on a table nearby. He pointed it out to his partner silently, who nodded.

The second grunt pulled a canister out of his pocket, holding it up to read the label. He read and nodded:

"Sleep Powder."

Holding it in one hand as he reached up to the nozzle, he pulled the cap off and threw it through the window, as green gas began to pour out.

"What was that?" Y/n shouted, "Who threw that?!"

"Wait, what's that smell..." Leaf said, before collapsing on the ground.

"What... is...going...on..." Grady collapsed, followed by the giant pink body of Clefairy-Bill.

The two grunts opened the door and walked inside, masks covering their faces as they looked over the collapsed group. Y/n was the last one standing, coughing as he leaned against a table.

"Team...Rocket..." Was all he could say before he collapsed.

"This is Rocket 2," The first grunt spoke into his radio, "They're asleep. Let's move quickly."

"Rodger. We're moving in. Secure the bag, we'll get the cargo."

"Understood," The second grunt said, "The bag is secure."

The two grunts took the bag and left the room, careful to not disturb the contents. A second group came in only a second or two later, grabbing the group and restraining them with ropes before carrying them out of the house.

The house was now completely devoid of people or Pokemon, all occupants having been loaded onto a truck and taken off to who knows where. There were no witnesses and no traces of evidence, even the canister Team Rocket had thrown being tossed into the nearby river.

The house was completely silent, except for one thing.

A small egg Pokemon taking slow steps down the stairs, careful not to drop his precious cargo as he nearly rolled down the stairs. Reaching the bottom floor, he found the floor devoid of his friends and trainer, no trace to be found but the footsteps in the dirt outside of the open door.

"Toge...Pi?"