Chapter 60: Janine

Hey everybody, it's your friendly neighborhood Author Man!

So... it's been a while. Like, over a year. Sorry about that, I just didn't have any motivation to keeping writing, or even really check Wattpad.  But hopefully I'll be back for a while.

Since this is my biggest story, I intend to mainly focus on this story for now. I have most of it planned out I just need to get back into writing.

Thanks for sticking with me.

Hi, a few months later me here. I have over 700 notifications cause I don't check wattpad anymore. Wonderful.

See ya in another life Brotha!

.

.

.

*Y/n POV*

Progressing through the invisible maze, I found myself heading towards the center of the massive gym. It wasn't hard to navigate the maze, just had to keep my arms outstretched and touching the wall, but Leaf behind me kept bumping into my back, causing me to stumble.

"Leaf, please just take a step back," I asked, exasperated, "You can't keep hitting me every time we reached a turn."

"Sorry, sorry." She said, not taking a step back.

*Leaf POV*

I absolutely cannot tell him I was staring at his butt.

But... Dat ass.

*Y/n POV*

'It is a very nice ass...'

I continued walking, and encountered another person in a black gi. This person was completely silent and still, acting almost as a statue rather than a human. However with a quick flick of his or her wrist, a pokeball was thrown and a Grimer landed on the floor.

"Alright Togetic," I said, "You're turn."

Togetic flew out from behind me and across from the Grimer, hovering in the air.

"Togetic, use Air Slash!"

Bits of Grimer gunk were thrown around as the blades of air shot through its body.

"Grimer, use Sludge Bomb."

Grimer shot balls of sludge at Togetic, who tried his best to dodge around them. however in such closed spaces, Togetic's flight was limited and he ended up soaked in the poison sludge.

"Togetic, shake it off and use-"

"Poison Gas, Grimer."

Grimer spewed a cloud of gas, trapping Togetic in the purple cloud. Togetic passed out quickly, collapsing onto the ground and back into his pokeball.

"Okay, round two," I said, "Let's go Nidorino!"

Nidorino leapt out, a cloud of dust shooting up as he landed. He let out a cry, staring down the Grimer.

"Time to use this hallway to my advantage," I said, "Nidorino, show him your Horn Attack!"

Nidorino's horn began to glow, and he lowered his head and shot forward, charging into the Grimer. The Grimer looked for some way to avoid the attack, but the tight corridor limited his movement options significantly which gave the charging Nidorino the upper hand.

"Grimer, use Sludge Bomb!"

The Grimer tried to attack, but the poison type Nidorino took the attack like a champ. He continued charging forward, as the Grimer tried to slide backwards. Nidorino charged through the Grimer, sending more gunk everywhere and sending the Grimer back to its pokeball.

"Hmph," The trainer said, stepping to the side, "The gym leader is waiting for you ahead."

"Thank you," I said, walking past and into the open space, "So you're the gym leader, huh?"

"That's right," The purple-haired girl said, "I am Janine, the daughter of the Elite Four's Koga, and master of the poison type!"

"Master of poison type, huh?" I said, "I'd love to see what makes a master so skilled."

She gave a small chuckle, "You're quite interesting yourself, Y/n. You've been making a lot of waves with the gym leaders recently. I've been looking forward to when you'd make it here finally."

"Then let's hope I don't disappoint."