Chapter 19: Friends

Hey everybody, it's your friendly neighborhood Author Man!

I've mentioned before that I have every team up until the Alola region planned out already. But there is a lot of time until them, and I continue to change and shift Pokemon around until I find a place where they should come in.

There are a few Pokemon that I absolutely have to have, because I plan for them to have story importance, but are there any that you'd like to see? And which region? Try to keep the generation differences in mind (eg: No Gen1-4 Pokemon before the Unova Elite Four, no Legendaries cause I have those planned out already, etc.).

See ya in another life, Brotha!

.

.

.

*Y/n POV*

I walked out of the PokeCenter, Togepi sitting in my bag and Nidoran running circles around me as I walked. Nidoran's new pokeball hung next to Togepi's, jingling lightly on my belt.

My new hat and jacket were draping my body, each one bearing the PokeTech logo on the back. The jacket had it covering my back, whereas the hat only had the company's name wrapping around the back.

 The jacket had it covering my back, whereas the hat only had the company's name wrapping around the back

(A/n: I think I'm getting better with GIMP. At least it's better than what I made during the Highschool DXD/RWBY Crossover.)

It was very comfortable, and apparently Togepi agreed. He leaned against the hood of the jacket, comfortable to just lay there.

"Alright you two," I said, "Let's go find Grady and Leaf. They have to be around here somewhere."

And so I stepped off down the road, to look for my two friends.

*Leaf POV*

I stopped outside of the inn, looking back and forth down the street. Cubone was sitting in my bag and Bulbasaur was running alongside me, as we searched for Y/n. I still hadn't found Y/n, even though I had looked everywhere.

"Oh Arceus..." I spoke to myself, "I hope he didn't get caught in that cave in..."

"Will you relax? Y/n is going to be fine."

Grady walked out of the inn and stood beside me, as we tried to decide which way to go. Turns out he had taken a different route through Mt.Moon, which got him here way before I did.

"Okay, which way do we go?"

"Hmm," He scratched his chin in thought, "If I had to guess, I'd say Y/n would go to the gym, so let's check there."

So we took off towards the Pokemon Gym, hopeful to find our lost friend.

*Y/n POV*

I stopped in front of the Pokemon Gym, looking up at the glass roof. It was a really big building, much larger than the Pewter City Gym. Apparently they just redesigned it, and I was excited to see these renovations for myself.

"Cerulean City Gym," I read off the sign, "Gym Leader: Misty."

Togepi began to shift in my backpack, standing up and hopping upside down.

"Toge! Toge!"

"What is it Togepi?"

I turned around, as something slammed into me and tackled me to the ground. As the blurriness cleared from my vision, I was able to make out the familiar form of the girl whose arms were wrapped out my chest and choking me.

"L-Leaf... please..."

"Leaf," A familiar voice called, "You might what to let go, or you'll kill him."

"Huh?" Leaf said, looking up at my blue face, "Oh, sorry."

As soon as I was released from my prison, I took in a massive breath. It was then that I noticed Nidoran was headbutting Leaf's leg, and grabbed him.

"Hey, Nidoran!" I said, "Don't worry, she's a friend."

"Who's your new friend?" Grady asked, extending a hand to help me up.

"This is Nidoran," I explained, "He helped save me when Team Rocket attacked us in Mt.Moon."

"Team Rocket attacked you!?" Leaf shouted.

"Yeah, it was the inside agent from the gym," I replied, mindlessly scratching behind Nidoran's ear, "But one of her grunts' Pokemon caused a massive explosion and a cave in!"

"Wait..." Grady said, scratching his chin, "Team Rocket caused the explosion!?"

"Yeah," I answered, "I managed to escape the explosion and woke up in the hospital the next day. That's when I got this."

I pulled out the helix fossil, handing it over to Grady as he inspected it. His eyes went wide.

"Holy Arceus!" He yelled, "This is a real live Helix fossil! These are super rare!"

"Really?" Leaf asked.

"I know archeologists who would kill to have one of these."

"Oh wow," I said, "I wonder why that guy let me just take it if it was that rare."

"I have no idea," He said, carefully handing it back to me, "But we should take it back to the lab on Cinnabar Island. We should also called Doctor Bones when we get the chance."

"Definitely."

I stood up, putting the fossil back into my pack. As I lifted it up onto my back and turned back around, I noticed the shocked looks on everyone's faces.

"What?"

"Y/n," Grady said, "Why is the PokeTech logo on your jacket?"

"That's right, I forgot to tell you I got a sponsorship."

"WHAT!?" They yelled in unison, "YOU HAVE A WHAT!?"

"Yeah, the CEO sent me a letter when I got out of the hospital," I explained, "He made a hard bargain. Not really, he just offered a lot of money and access to new products before they went to market."

"Why would the CEO of PokeTech want to sponsor you?" Grady asked, "No offense, but there are League champions who would beg for a sponsorship half as good as what you got. And they just gave it to you for free?"

I shrugged, "He said he's been watching us, maybe he's seen something interesting."

I then felt something pulling on my pants leg, nearly pulling off my pants in the proccess. I looked down and saw a small brown Pokemon at my feet, looking back up at me.

"Now what are you doing down there, buddy?"

I reached down and picked him up, holding him in my arms. I immediately noticed a shifting weight to my shoulder, as Togepi stood up on my arm.

"Togepi, what are you-"

"Toge! Pi-Pi!"

Togepi hopped up and down angrily, as the small brown Pokemon huddled into my arms. I wobbled back and forth, attempting to hold my balance as the weight rapidly shifted around my body.

"Cubone!" Leaf shouted, "Come here!"

Leaf took the small Pokemon out of my hands, as Togepi jumped down and stuck out his tongue at it.

"Togepi! What's up with you?!" I said, "And where did you meet this new Pokemon?"

"This is Cubone," Leaf answered, holding the small Pokemon to her chest, "I found him in Mt.Moon. He was completely alone."

Togepi finally settled in my arms, no longer sending glares at the smaller Pokemon. He merely resorted to crossing his arms in my chest, turning away from everyone else.

"Well, while we're here..."

I turned to face the building behind me.

"Anyone up for the next gym challenge?"