Chapter 37: Vermilion

*Y/n POV*

My eyes slowly opened, once again to the familiar sight of a Pokemon Center roof. This time however, I couldn't move my right arm.

Looking over, I saw that it was wrapped in a cast, and moving my shoulder slightly caused a wave of pain to shoot through my body.

"ACK!"

As soon as that shot out of my mouth, I heard people rushing towards the room. The first to come in was Nurse Joy, who immediately rushed over to grab some pills.

"Here take these," She said, handing them to me, "And don't move. Your arm is broken, and your shoulder was dislocated. We relocated it, but you need to give yourself some time to heal."

"Fine," I said, gulping down the pills, "Where am I?"

"Vermilion City," A familiar female voice said, "Apparently, Team Rocket's base was in the forest outside of town."

"Leaf, you're okay!"

"Of course I am," Leaf replied, walking over to sit on the bed next to me, "Thanks to you and Togetic."

"Where is he?! Is he okay!?" I asked, grabbing her shoulder, "What happened to him?"

"Why don't you look for yourself," Nurse joy interrupted, "He's been waiting for you since he woke up."

I heard tiny wings flapping, and Chancey came rushing into the the room. The pink Pokemon stood by the door and waited, as Togetic hovered around the corner. His flying was stumbled and clumsy, but he was undoubtedly flying.

"Togetic! You're okay!"

"Toge-Tic!"

He flapped his little wings once more to launch himself into the air, before tumbling head over feet into my chest.

"OOH!"

"Please don't try to fly in here!" Nurse Joy pleaded, "And be careful! Y/n needs his rest!"

As my coughing fit came to an end, I reached up and put a hand on Togetic's head. His smooth skin was now covered in pristine white feathers, with some bandages covering where he had been damaged by his fall through the roof.

"Excuse me," A voice at the door came, "But I need to speak with Mr.Ketchum."

We all looked up, seeing a man in a trench coat standing at the door. His face was young and stubbly, his hair jet black.

"Privately." He finished.

Nurse Joy was quick to leave, ushering Chancey out of the room. Leaf was more hesitant to leave, gripping my hand tightly before letting go and shuffling out of the room.

The mysterious guy closed the door behind him, before turning back to face me.

"Well Mr.Ketchum, I suppose I should introduce myself," He fixed his coat, "No, I shall only inform you of my code name."

He pulled out a badge, revealing it to us.

"I am called Looker, a top member of the international police."

"And what do you want with us? Shouldn't you be looking for Team Rocket right now?"

"That, is precisely why I am here," Looker sighed, "We've been tracking Team Rocket for three years, since their leader went into hiding, and we can't find a trace of them. You show up, and in less than two months, you have met both their new leader and his second in command."

"Can't really help it," I replied, "They're after me and Togetic."

"That is exactly why I am about to make you an offer," He leaned in close, "Mr.Ketchum, the international police wants you to work with us to defeat Team Rocket."

"Huh? Why me?"

"You're a target. Which means that Team Rocket will likely be coming for you two again. So, you're the perfect way for us to keep track of their movement and plans."

There was a moment of silence, as I considered the offer. Looker seemed to recognize my hesitation, and backed away.

"Of course, I don't need an answer right away," He turned to leave, "But please, consider my offer. You can help a lot of people by helping us take down Team Rocket."

He stepped out of the room, leaving the door cracked behind him. I looked down at Togetic, who had huddled into my sheets and was snoring lightly. Clearly, flight and the excitement of the last couple of days had worn us both down.

That was when I felt something tugging against the sheets, climbing onto the bed.I looked to my left and saw a pokeball roll into view, before seeing Meowth behind it.

"Oh hey buddy," I yawned, tiredness draining on my basic functions, "What's that, a pokeball?"

Meowth put a paw on the Pokeball, giving me a determined look.

"You...you wanna..." I yawned, "You wanna come with us?"

He gave a yawn, to which I returned a thumbs up.

"Alright buddy... You're coming with us..."

With that, my head hit the pillow, my last thought crossing my minds as I passed out.

'Where the heck is Grady?'