Chapter 44: S.S. Anne Tournament Part 4

*Third Peron POV*

There were only two competitors left in the tournament, Y/n and Jade. The atmosphere between them was as thick as soup, and the tension could be felt through everyone on the ship. Grady stood behind Y/n as they stepped up to the arena, placing a hand on his shoulder reassuringly.

"You got this buddy," Grady said, "Just don't overthink it."

"Thanks."

"Alright Trainers!" The announcer called, met with applause, "This is it, the final battle! Ace Trainer Jade versus Trainer Y/n!"

Both of them took their places, and Meowth stood on Y/n's shoulder.

"Let the battle BEGIN!"

Meowth and Pikachu ran out into the arena, staring each other down. Meowth ran his claw against the wooden deck, and Pikachu's cheeks sparked slightly. Meowth was the first to jump into action.

"Bite!"

Meowth ran forwards, bounding towards the mouse pokemon. Pikachu quickly dodged to the side, as Meowth tried to bite down. Pikachu leapt into Meowth, slamming into Meowth with a Quick Attack.

Meowth was sent tumbling back, as the Pikachu planted all fours on the deck. Jade gave a confidant smirk, "Use Thunderbolt!"

Pikachu shock out a thunderbolt at Meowth, who only barely managed to roll out of the way. The bolt struck against the deck and Meowth jumped back into action.

"Use Fury Swipes Meowth!"

Meowth began to swipe at his opponent, scratching her multiple times. With a final swipe, Pikachu was sent flying upwards, falling back onto the deck. Pikachu stood back up and shook her head, glaring at Meowth.

"Quick Attack, now!"

Pikachu's speed made her invisible, as she slammed into Meowth. Meowth was blindsided by the attack, and landed on his back in front of Y/n. He stood back up and shook the dizziness off, leaning down to prepare for an attack.

"Meowth use-"

"Quick Attack again!"

Meowth was sent flying over Y/n's head, landing hard. Y/n quickly went to check on the cat pokemon, looking him over for wounds.

"You okay buddy?"

"M-Meow..."

"Come on," Y/n said, "I've got a plan. Just like last time."

Meowth gave a sure nod, and leapt back up onto his feet. He ran back out into the arena, facing down with Pikachu once again.

''Alright Meowth," Y/n called, "She can't run forever! Wear her down!"

Jade gave a confident laugh, "Alright , let's see if this works. Pikachu, play his game."

Meowth began to run circles around Pikachu, as the electric type tried to hit him with various moves. Bolts and Quick Attacks went flying around the arena, and Pikachu barely moved as Meowth began to slowly run out of stamina.

"You see kid," Jade taunted, as Meowth's running became slow and stuttered, "My Pikachu has been trained it's whole life to be the fastest and to win. You had no chance the moment you stepped on this boat. Finish it with Thunderbolt."

Meowth couldn't dodge, as the bolt of electricity struck him full on. He was sent flying, his fur singed, landing in front of Y/n. Y/n held up his hand, and the bell rang.

"That's the match!" The announcer called, "The winner, by forfeit, is Ace Trainer Jade!"